• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consular Fees deducted from Personal Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consular Fees deducted from Personal Tax

Does anyone know if Consular fees are deductible from UK Personal Tax.

I am about to be fleeced by the British Embassy for things that would be without cost in the UK.

Originally posted by Fishface View Post

I am about to be fleeced by the British Embassy for things that would be without cost in the UK.
    No, they're not. The reason being that you're not in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master View Post
      No, they're not. The reason being that you're not in the UK.
      but I am paying UK taxes & National Insurance although my body is not physically present in the UK most of the year.

Comment

but I am paying UK taxes & National Insurance although my body is not physically present in the UK most of the year.
        Doesn't that make you very stupid even by CUK standards?

Comment

Hey, that's life. If you want to access UK facilities from overseas, get the chequebook out. Plus I also suggest you stop paying UK taxes if you're not in the UK for most of the year.

There, problem solved.

Comment

Have you ever tried to stop paying UK taxes?

Comment

Have you ever tried to stop paying UK taxes?
              Yes, it's not too hard and I live in the UK all year 'round (my Tardis is stuck in a time loop).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Doesn't that make you very stupid even by CUK standards?
                No, it makes your view very narrow.

people say...go off-shore - off shore solves everything - but doesn't get you past due dilligence/SOX in the USA.

And please don't say incorporate in the USA - frying pans & fire.

Comment

No, it makes your view very narrow.

people say...go off-shore - off shore solves everything - but doesn't get you past due dilligence/SOX in the USA.

And please don't say incorporate in the USA - frying pans & fire.
                  I don't think Italy really counts as a dodgy off-shore tax haven. Do you pay taxes in Italy?

Comment

Why should they be? If NHS "prescription charges" are not deducable then why should be that?

Comment

Working...
                    X