• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suspicious Shed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspicious Shed

Took lawnmower in for a service and as expected had the usual phone call to say something else was wrong , only this time they are telling me the back roller bearings are illegal and require replacing.

The lawnmower has only done 6 cuts from new , is used by the wife to cut the front lawn and has barely been on the grass.

The bearings are 132 quid each according to the shed , so I told then to forget it.

Now I am wondering if they have changed them for some worn ones , so when I go to pick it up it will be illegal

Stop calling your Passat a lawnmower. It's not that bad ...or maybe it is.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      shed
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Took lawnmower in for a service and as expected had the usual phone call to say something else was wrong , only this time they are telling me the back roller bearings are illegal and require replacing.

The lawnmower has only done 6 cuts from new , is used by the wife to cut the front lawn and has barely been on the grass.

The bearings are 132 quid each according to the shed , so I told then to forget it.

Now I am wondering if they have changed them for some worn ones , so when I go to pick it up it will be illegal
        You are Wilmslow and I claim my five permie pounds, less PAYE.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master View Post
          You are Wilmslow and I claim my five permie pounds, less PAYE.
          Shouldn't that be a £5 Argos gift voucher.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Na, M&S. Permies usually get those because you can't actually find anything to spend it on.

Maybe some blue biros...
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                PMSL ....
                Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Beware the Passat owners
                  my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Notepad

Milan , I see you have found out what the replace command in notepad does , great progress !, whatever will that special school teach you next.
                    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
                    X