• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bargain car on Autotrader - go for it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargain car on Autotrader - go for it?

I saw a really cheap A3 for sale on Autotrader - here's the response from the seller. Funny how his email address and his name "David" don't quite tally up

What would Cartman do?

==============
    Hello xxxxxxx,

I am glad you are interested in my car.The car is in excellent condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition. I am the registered keeper and there is no outstanding finance on the vehicle.

I have recently moved to Germany and I brought the car here too.

The problem is I have the money stocked with this car,right-hand drive it's a little tricky to drive it here.

As you probably noticed, the price is rather low: £7,400 with shipping and insurance included. But since it's a right hand drive car, not even a dealer will offer me a better price here. The fact that it's still UK registered did not help either.

Due to amount involved and due the fact I am not located in United Kingdom, I only accept third party transaction mediator.

You will receive the original invoice, logbook, keys and all the documents to register it into your name. The car will be shipped from here directly to your door.

Please email me soon if you want to move forward with the purchase.

Best Regards,
    David

Not touching with a barge-pole, innit?

Comment

One for 2uk me thinks.

Comment

I once imported a Japanese supercar directly from Japan and had to transfer all the money to a bank in Lithuania as the seller "did not trust the Japanese banking system".

I sent the money and the car arrived.

Comment

Don't go near it!

Comment

Send him the money immediately, he's obviously 100% genuine and you'd be a fool to miss out.

Multiply the above by -1
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Audi A3. Fanny magnet.

2uk.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                I saw a really cheap A3 for sale on Autotrader - here's the response from the seller. Funny how his email address and his name "David" don't quite tally up

What would Cartman do?

==============
                Hello xxxxxxx,

I am glad you are interested in my car.The car is in excellent condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition. I am the registered keeper and there is no outstanding finance on the vehicle.

I have recently moved to Germany and I brought the car here too.

The problem is I have the money stocked with this car,right-hand drive it's a little tricky to drive it here.

As you probably noticed, the price is rather low: £7,400 with shipping and insurance included. But since it's a right hand drive car, not even a dealer will offer me a better price here. The fact that it's still UK registered did not help either.

Due to amount involved and due the fact I am not located in United Kingdom, I only accept third party transaction mediator.

You will receive the original invoice, logbook, keys and all the documents to register it into your name. The car will be shipped from here directly to your door.

Please email me soon if you want to move forward with the purchase.

Best Regards,
                David

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, Someone tried to scam me with something similar from Italy a few years ago, you know the old saying, if it looks to good to be true, then it probably is.
                Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Go on, buy it and tell us all about it.

We could do with a laugh.
                  Last edited by PRC1964; 4 March 2008, 16:30.

Comment

Lowly car. Aim higher.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X