• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple users: smug, stupid, or lightyears beyond any PC owner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple users: smug, stupid, or lightyears beyond any PC owner?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technolog...unded_aga.html

"I don't have it on my Macbook Pro. With a PC it's the first thing I install; but with the Mac I feel almost invulnerable."

"I have a mac and don't use anti-virus software - whats the point?"

"Nope, never put it on my mac and always think I should, but then think, there's no point... I've got time machine backing up all my important stuff"

Was God actually resting on the seventh day, or was he designing an Apple Mac?
    A Mac is like a NeXt cube, any problem is just assimilated.
    5.77%
    There's millions of viruses for PCs, none for Macs. Why should they worry.
    5.77%
    PC owners are just jealous.
    15.38%
    It's only a matter of time before the apples fall from the tree.
    11.54%
    People who own Macs are generally nice people...perhaps just a bit naive.
    28.85%
    Yes. One or other of the 'S' words describes most Mac users.
    21.15%
    I'm AndyW. I own a Mac, what's an anti-virus?
    11.54%

My Ma is a Mac user and I have an old IMac I bought off eBay. I also use Vista XP and Ubtuntu. She says the Mac is easier to use but I think that's only because it's the one she's used to. Hard to say which is best - of all I prefer my lappy running Ubuntu.

Comment

I really don't care what people use be it Vista, OS X, Linux etc just as long as I don't have to listen about why theirs is the best and everyone else just sucks the monkey balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        I really don't care what people use be it Vista, OS X, Linux etc just as long as I don't have to listen about why theirs is the best and everyone else just sucks the monkey balls.
        Have to agree. If the operating system does what you want and the user is not too damn stupid to use it, then I don't care what you use.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If it'll get you online process and connect to a printer, who cares what it is and what it runs
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Have to agree. If the operating system does what you want and the user is not too
            well then if you're an:

XP user) you'll want to crack on with upgrading, installing, fix that anoying popup request to install x control, install the patch that allows you to install the thing you were trying to install in the first place, then perhaps use the OS for the purpose you intended by which time you've forgotton, so you press the start button to switch it off.

OS X user) you just start using it...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
              Was God actually resting on the seventh day, or was he designing an Apple Mac?

He probably was...

My iMac has been powered up since January I've not switched it off, just sleeping from time to time, still operating without any noticeable loss in performance. That's despite installing one update and countless internet usage, gordon bennett a PC would have frozen up by this time using IE on this site alone..

No antivirus installed here, I don't see any reason for it.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 4 March 2008, 23:13.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I don't care what flavour it is. They are all rubbish.

If I didn't get well paid for using it I'd bin the bloody thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  My Ma is a Mac user and I have an old IMac I bought off eBay. I also use Vista XP and Ubtuntu. She says the Mac is easier to use but I think that's only because it's the one she's used to. Hard to say which is best - of all I prefer my lappy running Ubuntu.
                  Have used all of those and still use Mac and XP but the Mac is easier to use, more stable and faster.
                  "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    well then if you're an:

XP user) you'll want to crack on with upgrading, installing, fix that anoying popup request to install x control, install the patch that allows you to install the thing you were trying to install in the first place, then perhaps use the OS for the purpose you intended by which time you've forgotton, so you press the start button to switch it off.

OS X user) you just start using it...
                    But what if I'm not using either?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X