• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oracle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oracle

Hi All,
    Are there many Oracle contractors using the Forum? Just wondered what your view of the Oracle contract market was at the moment. Seems to be fairly active still, especially in the South East.

Mike

yes it is quite good but you usually have to have Oracle + other things (whatever it is: C#, Java, XML/XSL-T, any J2EE sh1t) and then there are lots of decent contracts there.

The current upward trend I think is more for Oracle developers than DBAs tho'.
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

It helps if you wear a miniskirt like Rebecca too.

Then you can get away with just knowing what's a tnsnames.ora as an Oracle expert.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

what's a tnsnames.ora?
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
          what's a tnsnames.ora?
          Don't worry, every so often Franco disappears into his own little universe, where I'm sure he converses with Dali and Breton.
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

"Franco disappears into his own little universe"

How can a universe be little? That's a paradox. Unless you admit that a universe can coexist in a bigger universe. Therefore we are not talking about a universe any longer.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Franco, have you not heard of M Theory?

Comment

I am a fighter not an astronomist

Comment

Don't worry, Franco. I'm sure in your universe, there's plenty of fine totty eager to please Al Pacino lookalikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                    yes it is quite good but you usually have to have Oracle + other things (whatever it is: C#, Java, XML/XSL-T, any J2EE sh1t) and then there are lots of decent contracts there.

The current upward trend I think is more for Oracle developers than DBAs tho'.
                    That's good to hear. It's more development/e-Business Suite I'm interested in, rather than DBA.

Comment

Working...
                    X