• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luggage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luggage?

A daft request for recommendations, probably, but I'm doing regular weeks away from home lately by plane, and need to wear suits for client visits, so I can't just throw anything in a holdall. Anyone got any tips for plane journeys and getting your stuff there without looking like someone who's just got off the nearest park bench?

Can you not make use of the hotels laundry service? What about investing in a suit bag?

Comment

<< canned laughter >>
      followed by
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

A decent suit bag was what I was interested in. The laundry service is out as I've been flying in on the Monday morning and leaving Friday evening. Just wondering if there was a particular one to go for based on someone's recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
          A decent suit bag was what I was interested in. The laundry service is out as I've been flying in on the Monday morning and leaving Friday evening. Just wondering if there was a particular one to go for based on someone's recommendation.

How far are you travelling? - If you don't mind wearing a your suit on the plane;

http://www.bags123.com/index.php/mai...opzilla&i=1293

- and get a folding board/wrapper for your shirts (Eagle Creek).

If you need/want to wear something else on the plane, one of these

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...9864_556379_-1

Both options are carry-onable with BA not sure about other airlines.

In all cases, hang everything up on the shower rail with the water running for ten minutes - a lovely steam bath for your shirts makes them wearable the next day.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Cashmere is good to fly in.

Get some really good suits made (with extra trousers), they won't crush like Next ones.

Get the maid to wrap your shirts in acid free tissue so they won't crush.

And avoid Antler bags, got bf one and it fell apart, John Lewis then had to send it away three times all for £180!
            Last edited by Lucy; 5 March 2008, 17:43. Reason: forgot to mention rubbish bag

Comment

Working...
            X