• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worked for Getronics?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worked for Getronics?

I have an interview for Getronics @ Barclays in Knutsford next week for a PM gig.

Anyone worked there / for Getronics?

What are they like to work for if so?

Originally posted by ramholio View Post
    I have an interview for Getronics @ Barclays in Knutsford next week for a PM gig.

They are shiiite
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      They are shiiite
      Translation:

Getronics are hiring? Excellent, now where's that list of contacts? Oops, better put the OP off first...
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Worked at Pink in Farnborough who were taken over by Getronics. Don't know what they are like at other sites, but the Head Office in Farnborough...Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Incidentally, Getronics have been taken over by KPN.

Comment

I've worked with them on various projects.

Oh Dear ™

Comment

If the rate and location are good do you really care?

Comment

hahaah!

well i think thats a resounding keep clear then if ever I heard one!

seriously though.... i've had my doubts, couple of my colleagues say they are rubbish but I wanted to get a wider picture!

deal is not really that good tbh, permie PM job.... 30k.

but it's the only interview i've landed so far.

so whats the score then chaps, they just badly organised, treat staff badly?

Comment

hahaah!

well i think thats a resounding keep clear then if ever I heard one!

seriously though.... i've had my doubts, couple of my colleagues say they are rubbish but I wanted to get a wider picture!

deal is not really that good tbh, permie PM job.... 30k.

but it's the only interview i've landed so far.

so whats the score then chaps, they just badly organised, treat staff badly?
                I used to work at Barclays as a contractor.

The Getronics guys there are all top guys. Run by muppets from all accounts, but the team themselves are sound people with good skills.

They used to be Barclays permie people before Getronics took over.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
                  If the rate and location are good do you really care?
                  If they offer IR35 unfriendly contracts, pay late and go bust, then yes I would!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If they go for DA enterprises as a supplier they could go from shiiiite to Briiilll overnight. Things I do for people
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X