• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL and Boom in the same BBC headline!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTL and Boom in the same BBC headline!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7279154.stm

The buy-to-let housing boom may be about to stall, according to a survey from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics).

Its survey of residential lettings says the number of new instructions from landlords fell towards the end of 2007, for the first time since 1998.

Boomed! (past tense)

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7279154.stm

The buy-to-let housing boom may be about to stall, according to a survey from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics).

Its survey of residential lettings says the number of new instructions from landlords fell towards the end of 2007, for the first time since 1998.

Boomed! (past tense)
    Demand for rental property is rising (for various reasons).

Consequently rents are rising due to demand.

This is good news for established landlords (those who have been in the game for years and have little or no mortgage liabilities on their props.).

It's bad news for the Johnny-come-lately, wanabe BTL-mortgaged landlords trying to get their leg up on the bandwagon as it rolls past.

Hey ho!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      It's bad news for the Johnny-come-lately, wanabe BTL-mortgaged landlords trying to get their leg up on the bandwagon
      Until property prices fall enough to make BTL an investment with a reasonable yield again.

Comment

Demand for rental property is rising (for various reasons)
        -one of the main ones being that house prices have risen out of 1st time buyers' reach. Assuming (sweepingly) that these 1st time buyers will no longer be so much priced out of the market by naive BTL investors chasing the same stock, all's right with the world.

Comment

I hope that all the BTL'ers lose 000's so that my and your kids will again be able to buy a place to live.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            I hope that all the BTL'ers lose 000's so that my and your kids will again be able to buy a place to live.

You hope that all BTLers lose zeros. Um

tim

Comment

Working...
            X