• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Brazil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Brazil

Hi,

Has anyone experience or information regarding finding contracts and working in Brazil?

The vast majority of info out there relates to the EU and US...

Cheers.

Contracting in Brasil

For Brasil, you will need a permanent visa, what Americans call a "green card" or what Brits call "indefinite leave". There may be other types of credentials to enable you to conduct business in Brasil. That is the first step.

To set up a limited corporation or business will require paperwork. Ironically, commie Lula's government has reduced the number of steps to do this so that it is supposedly a 15 day exercise, not a 150 day odyssey.

It helps to know Portuguese.

As far as IT is concerned, it appears that it has been seriously compromised as a profession because of American attitudes that metastatised into Brasil. As far as contracting is concerned, there are the usual large consultancies like EDS, but to do the type of work we do, that may not exist.

OTOH, I may well be learning about that real soon. My wife wants to go back home.

Comment

Originally posted by JoetheCarioca
      For Brasil, you will need a permanent visa, what Americans call a "green card" or what Brits call "indefinite leave". There may be other types of credentials to enable you to conduct business in Brasil. That is the first step..
      I forget, but I understand this is easier as I'm married to a Brazilian.

To set up a limited corporation or business will require paperwork. Ironically, commie Lula's government has reduced the number of steps to do this so that it is supposedly a 15 day exercise, not a 150 day odyssey..
      Interesting, I was considering doing work through my British company, but now I'm not too sure.

It helps to know Portuguese..
      Sim, mas onde aprender portugues para TI em Londres?

As far as IT is concerned, it appears that it has been seriously compromised as a profession because of American attitudes that metastatised into Brasil. As far as contracting is concerned, there are the usual large consultancies like EDS, but to do the type of work we do, that may not exist. .
      Not sure what you mean there about American attitudes, but regarding the kind of work we do - I haven't found any 'entry points' into the job market, in fact I'm wondering if there is a job market at all.

Even for permanent jobs, there is rarely a salary advertised.

OTOH, I may well be learning about that real soon. My wife wants to go back home.
      Let me know if you get anything...

Comment

Working...
      X