• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expenses

Hello all...

I have just joined the world of contracting , i've set up my own Ltd company but i wanted to get a clear cut indication of what expenses I will be able to claim back. Therefore, can someone send me some useful links or provide me with a list of what can be claimed back and at what is considered to be reasonable?

Kind Regards

Brij

1. Use the search button on this forum* and type in the word "expenses"

2. Look at CUK Navigation and click on the link "First Timers"

3. Go to your accountants website (you do have an accountant don't you?) and see if they have a file on expenses

4. Go to the PCG and down load their first timers guide.

*I suggest you use the search button before posting anything on this board. And if you post a question make it clear that you have researched answers before posting.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

5. Read the stickies on the forum.

See this pdf, courtesy of Nixon Williams for details. Then give them a ring and ask for their services.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Quick (and accurate) answer - any expenditure that is wholly and solely required for you to operate your business, that has not been paid for by your business.

But do what the other guys have said, and first find out what you have got yourself in to.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thank You

Wicked guys, thank you so much.

Im in the process of obtaining an accountant, any advice on that would also be appreciated.

I've registered my business as a Ltd but it I won't be leaving my pernament job until July 08 but I want everything to be sorted now, so less stress later.

Excellent portal.

Kind Regards

Brij

Comment

Working...
          X