• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fridays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fridays

does anyone actually work a full day on a friday?

i personally never work past 3pm. never caused me any issues! (yet...)
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

I've sometimes worked late on fridays when going back up north straight after, to avoid the worst of the traffic.

Of course "work" is used as loosely as ever.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I've not started yet...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I've not started yet...
        that used to be me, but then i landed this gig and they dont do working from home!

i used to love using the 'do not send before' option in exchange then sodding off for the rest of the day!
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          does anyone actually work a full day on a friday?
          any day

Comment

They work it as a normal day here so I'm here until 4pm watching the clock slowly tick tock tick tock .......

I do like the places were everyone goes out on a Thursday night, rolls in at 10:30 and then bogs off home at lunchtime.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              that used to be me, but then i landed this gig and they dont do working from home!

i used to love using the 'do not send before' option in exchange then sodding off for the rest of the day!
              You've got me sussed.

Did 4 rashers of bacon from the farmers market this morning, yum yum, they we're only small things... the life of working from home does not compare to any other working experience.

I'll will work on weekends sometimes but then I actually enjoy it when returning from the gym or during some quiet time...
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                I do like the places were everyone goes out on a Thursday night, rolls in at 10:30 and then bogs off home at lunchtime.
                You want at job with BAE

Comment

I personally don't work Friday afternoons. But I reconcile that with the fact that I usually start work around 07:30 M-Th.

A nice easy slide into the weekend, and a cold beer or two hopefully.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    You want at job with BAE
                    The Post Office was my last one like that, you could take the Friday off altogether but most of the married blokes took the option of the Thursday night out on the piss away from home option instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X