• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Hunt Gone Serious

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Hunt Gone Serious

Well i have just been paid and took my last chunk of Dividends out of LTD account so the hunt for my new car is going to have to take a serious step up this weekend as i'm now having to pay for my own hire car. The Short list

Ford Modeo 2.0 TDCI (not sure about as it could never replace my old one)
    Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 TDCI SRI
    Alpha Romeo 159 Saloon / Estate
    VW Passat

Any other sensible suggestions within a 15k budget. Need a proper slogger on the motorway and pretty comfy to drive
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

From the list, VW Passat, but I would recommend the perfect contractor car, the Mazda 6 MPS.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
      Well i have just been paid and took my last chunk of Dividends out of LTD account so the hunt for my new car is going to have to take a serious step up this weekend as i'm now having to pay for my own hire car. The Short list

Ford Modeo 2.0 TDCI (not sure about as it could never replace my old one)
      Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 TDCI SRI
      Alpha Romeo 159 Saloon / Estate
      VW Passat

Any other sensible suggestions within a 15k budget. Need a proper slogger on the motorway and pretty comfy to drive
      Mondeo - now a much better car than even a Bimmer 3 series according to the press - and rather more rare...
      Vectra - bit of a dog, ISTR up for replacement soon.
      Alfa - great drive but still flimsy
      Passat - Golf with a boot. Get an Octavia vRS instead

Also look at Focus, the TDCi variants are seriously good to drive, especially with the Sport pack
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Pre-owned Skoda Superb Diesel(Preferably V6 Tiptronic)

Comment

I picked up a Hyundai matrix last night, perfect for motrway and camping.
          Getting it ready for a drive to Italy in two weeks.

The salesman says to me, 'How would you like to pay then ?'
          'Er, do you take money ?'
          They had to get the manual out to find out how to sell a car that wasn't being financed

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
            15k could get you a 55 plate V70 D5 geartronic with 30k on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Also look at Focus, the TDCi variants are seriously good to drive, especially with the Sport pack

I do love the TDCis though. They outpace the ST170s in real driving (i.e. 30-70) and are only 0.1 seconds slower from 0-62 and I still get 53mpg from mine and its done over 101k.

Comment

you could get a 3yr old audi A4 avant 1.9tdi for that money. it would return about 54mpg too...
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Pre-owned Skoda Superb Diesel(Preferably V6 Tiptronic)
                  I can get one for you
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

BMW 330d or 320d, at least they will hold some value where as your Ford Mondeo, Alfa or Vectra are just going to lose money like no tomorrow.

You can even get a new shape A4 2.0t quattro http://www.cargiant.co.uk/Audi/details.asp?Id=366796
                    Last edited by Bumfluff; 7 March 2008, 14:44.

Comment

Working...
                    X