• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you actually work in a typical the day ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you actually work in a typical the day ?

This post was supposed to have a poll .

WORK means actually thinking about the client's affairs and not your own.

Can you express in percentage ? Last 2 weeks I've worked about 1.5 hours ( 6 hours pretended I am working ) max but being paid 7.5 hours.

The best part is I don't care about being sacked ( I mean contract terminated ). Even interested in finding out how long before they start questioning whether they need me.
    Last edited by 2uk; 7 March 2008, 14:41.

Honestly, anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour on average.

Comment

anywhere between 30 min and 12 hours

Comment

Every day different. Last 2 weeks very very quiet. Min about 15 minutes. But I did 24 hours a few times. I guess average is about 6 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          Honestly, anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour on average.
          Sounds about right to me. I don't know how I would cope with my personal admi if I ever had a prolonged spell on the bench

Comment

Yesterday 9 hours non stop.

Today and the rest of the week, about 30 mins tops.
            Last edited by DaveB; 7 March 2008, 14:43.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'd say about 8 hours per day.

Then again I've got 1 main client whose offices I sit in a 3 clients where I do the work off-line.

So I sit at ClientCo office and work on other clients work and bill both. Nice IR35 pointer and a nice invoice creater as well.

So the more work I do the more I get paid (or in reality the less I do when I get home).

Comment

had a major deliverable this week, so 4-5hrs Mon - Wed, then .5hr yesterday and today.

(todays work was to rearrange a meeting on tuesday so i can get away earlier as its in Guildford!)
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Again, can wildly differ day to day depending on deliverables, my state of awakeness, other personal things going on that I need to sort etc. There is no 'typical' day. 30 mins to 9 hours.
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Some days from the min I get in to the min I leave, other days nothing, the most I have done today is ring up the help desk to get my voicemail password reset.

Comment

Working...
                    X