• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More dead squirrels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More dead squirrels

A couple of chaps I am familiar with as they walk dogs in the park where I feed my squirrels told me they found at least 2 (or even 3) more dead in the other side of park - total of 5 dead over a week

This all seems like some ***t used poison that killed my squirrels

Mortality rate is 75% per annum, the highest percentage in the winter and spring.
    if there are 100 squirrels in the park and surrounding area, expect to find a minimum of 6 squirrels per month dead
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Stats don't add up - it is highly unlikely to see 5 dead squirrels in a particular week right after winter during which I have not seen a single one dead.

75% mortality rate is for first year of live - live expectancy grows up higher after first successful year of survival.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        A couple of chaps I am familiar with...
        Oh yeah! we know your sort!
        Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

This message is hidden because Bear is on your ignore list.

Comment

murder suicide?
            Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

This all seems like some ***t used poison that killed my squirrels

Have they had a post-postmortem?

While I don't like squirrels killing them is a waste of time as other squirrels move into their territory.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This message is hidden because Bear is on your ignore list.
                why did Bear get lucky? what do I have to do to join him?

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                  murder suicide?
                  As you are on the 'other side' already, perhaps you could commune with the spirits of the furry little deceased ones and get to the bottom of it.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    As you are on the 'other side' already, perhaps you could commune with the spirits of the furry little deceased ones and get to the bottom of it.
                    I don't know why, but I have this picture in my mind of Sasguru in a balaclava and camo gear, sneaking about the park Rogering squirrels to death, just to annoy AtW
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X