• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Black wild rabbit.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black wild rabbit.

No, not the latest Ann Summers toy.

I walk my dog in woods where there is a very large wild black rabbit, almost hare sized.

Are there any wild black rabbits, or is this likely to be a domestic rabbit enjoying life in the countryside?

He has been there for around a year, avoided the local dogs well, so far!

The only wild rabbits I've seen have been grey or brown.

It's probably a domestic who has escaped. Hopefully they don't do yearly rabbit culls in your local park like they have to do in mine.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm surprised your chav neighbours haven't killed it yet for their Sunday roast - how's all that going btw ?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        I'm surprised your chav neighbours haven't killed it yet for their Sunday roast - how's all that going btw ?
        Chat is not living in the house - it is completely gutted, hence he is living elsewhere. However, he has plenty of chav mates that are still working on the house a year after they started! Leaving around 6 chav vans and cars littering the streets during the day.

I am dreading the day that the chav moves back in. They are now parling all over, blocking several drives, and the police have given up.

Oh, joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Chat is not living in the house - it is completely gutted, hence he is living elsewhere. However, he has plenty of chav mates that are still working on the house a year after they started! Leaving around 6 chav vans and cars littering the streets during the day.

I am dreading the day that the chav moves back in. They are now parling all over, blocking several drives, and the police have given up.

Oh, joy.
          parking

You or a neighbour need to have a fire. Apparently fire engines are very good at damaging cars.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            parking

You or a neighbour need to have a fire. Apparently fire engines are very good at damaging cars.
            About 15 years ago, one of my neighbors had his car parked illegally and causing an obstruction. The fire engine called out to a fire in the flats at the end of the road, Pushed it slowly out of the way, but a concrete bollard scraped right down the side of his car. He went crazy when they sent Him a bill for damage to the paintwork on the fire engine. he had to pay it too.
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Black rabbits are not all that un-common. Also you occasionally see black squirrels. And up in Yorkshire there was a black and a white wallaby bouncing around the countryside at one bit.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It'll be a wild one - they come out black every so often. The family of wild rabbits that live in the warren at the bottom of our garden had one 2 years ago. We spotted it when they first ventured out a few days old.

That one didn't survive the season, badly bullied by it's brothers and sisters.

Threaded is right about the squirrels too - we have a large amount of black ones around our way.
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                  It'll be a wild one - they come out black every so often. The family of wild rabbits that live in the warren at the bottom of our garden had one 2 years ago. We spotted it when they first ventured out a few days old.

That one didn't survive the season, badly bullied by it's brothers and sisters.

Threaded is right about the squirrels too - we have a large amount of black ones around our way.

I blame the government.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    About 15 years ago, one of my neighbors had his car parked illegally and causing an obstruction. The fire engine called out to a fire in the flats at the end of the road, Pushed it slowly out of the way, but a concrete bollard scraped right down the side of his car. He went crazy when they sent Him a bill for damage to the paintwork on the fire engine. he had to pay it too.

Comment

Working...
                    X