• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expensive cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expensive cars

Seems the board is pretty split on whether bangeromics or prestige motoring is the mark of a savvy Contractor.

See sh itty poll.
    tulip - probably less than a grand
    19.67%
    not more than a months income
    40.98%
    not more than a years income
    34.43%
    more than most peoples houses
    4.92%
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 10 March 2008, 11:00.

We're waiting...
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Seems the board is pretty split on wheter bangeromics or prestige motoring is the mark of a savvy Contractor.

See sh itty poll.
      whether

Where?

Comment

The correct answer is both; Banger for during the week and parking at the station. Posh classic car for weekends and holidays. Zero depreciation all round.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Where's the "I'm AndyW and I drive a Reliant Kitten" option?

Comment

Well mine is worth more than most people in the North's houses.. in other words £10 grand
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I realise for some of you, the less than grand and the less than a years income are the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                The correct answer is both; Banger for during the week and parking at the station. Posh classic car for weekends and holidays. Zero depreciation all round.
                I'm beginning to think thats the way forward for me too.

Any suggestions on a cheap, reliable piece of tulip for the train station?

Comment

Need you ask? Look up "cheap 4-door saloon made by VW"

Comment

If I do drive a car to the clients, I have one specially for the task, looks like <10000, but drives >100000.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X