• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

permie offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

permie offer

Agghghghg. My client have offered me a permie job again! Last time, they had to withdraw the offer before I responded. I don't think

"So, you want me to do the same job, for less money?"

will go down well...

So, how would you politely turn down a permie job offer? ( And it currently is a very nice place to work, one of the best contracts I've had - good, intelligent motivated people, excellent rate, great location, decent office, enjoyable work ).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

You say:

"I've carefully considered your very generous offer to take a position here, and after taking into account lifestyle choices and my plans for the future, I don't think it is right for me at present. But thanks anyway, I really enjoy working here."

You think:

"fook right off do I look like an idiot"

HTH

Comment

I'd rather stick rusty needles in my eyeballs...

HTH

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Let them know that you have an aquaintance who may be interested in the move from contractor to permiedom.

Wilmsloooooow!!!
        If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

<< canned laughter >>

Comment

Dilbert can help

Linky
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

I'd go with DP's suggestion that it doesn't suit you right now. It's certainly the response I'll give if I ever end up in that situation.

Don't forget to thank them for the offer of reduced income though!
              Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                I'd rather stick rusty needles in my eyeballs...

HTH

That's my line...
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Tell them your company's got a non-poaching agreement with theirs.

Comment

I'd suggest explaining that the only way it could happen is for them to buy your company.

If they make you an offer based on your last years turnover times 3 for the company then you can start to talk about your personal renumeration.

Comment

Working...
                    X