• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil price

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil price

After all the big news of the $100 breach a few months back, does anyone seem to be paying any attention anymore? Today it is $108 and rising...

http://www.oil-price.net/index.php?lang=en

Cost me £70 to fill up my car at the weekend. What a f**king liability.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Why don't you hedge your costs by buying into oil (ETC's).

If oil goes up you make enough money to run your car.
    If oil falls, the money you save filling your car offsets your losses.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Why don't you hedge your costs by buying into oil (ETC's).

If oil goes up you make enough money to run your car.
      If oil falls, the money you save filling your car offsets your losses.

The day I did that is the day they announce the oil has run out. Guaranteed.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        Cost me £70 to fill up my car at the weekend. What a f**king liability.

I don't understand why people fill up for a week's driving. They're paying extra in reduced fuel economy due to the weight just because they're too lazy to fill up a bit more often.

More so if driving a 'performance car' where every extra kilo hurts.
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          I don't understand why people fill up for a week's driving. They're paying extra in reduced fuel economy due to the weight just because they're too lazy to fill up a bit more often.

More so if driving a 'performance car' where every extra kilo hurts.
          But one must factor how much petrol is used in starting, associated wear and tear, and going a few miles extra from your chosen path to stop and use extra time filling up, also if in a city, the increased chance of being car-jacked, and the associated higher price of petrol if you cannot pick and choose where one purchases it.

It's only when the tank is nearly empty that one notices the kilos, trust me on that.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            60 litres of fuel weighs about 44kg. I'm willing to bet that the averaged extra 11kg of weight (as supposed to filling it halfway up) on a vehicle weighing over 1000kg will have less of a impact on the economy than the extra distance I have to go on detour to get to the petrol station twice as often
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              It's only when the tank is nearly empty that one notices the kilos, trust me on that.
              Try losing some body weight!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                That's why I only put a few litres in the tank each time I pass the petrol station that's on my route, then fill a couple of 5 litre cans in the boot for emergencies.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                  60 litres of fuel weighs about 44kg.

I thought it would be more than that seeing as how heavy bottles of water are when lumping them back to the hotel on holiday.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Use Andy McNabb's advice - always keep the tank filled up at all times. You don't want to be pursuing players and worrying about low fuel.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X