• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents

This was posted in Comments section of itcontractor forum:

Spoiled Children

These whinge-bag types of contractors are behaving like the spoilt child who starts blaming his parents for all his mis-fortunes and becomes convinced that everything would be so much better if his parents had never existed!

Rec Cons have created a generation of £100K+ yr contractors out of 30K permie material.

Technically they may be good, but in the permie world most of these guys were dismal failures.

Trash Into Gold

We turned trash into gold.

RC's should be commended and praised.

By God they deserve their commission.

Where we would be without these 'trash to gold turners'
    Last edited by aj1977; 11 March 2008, 17:58.

and I'm living proof of this ...

I totally agree with this statement.

Comment

Well its all true,
      I personally would make a miserable permie , for lots of reasons

luckily, I am now a gold-spinning-mercenary-b@stard-contractor

BUT- I work direct

So how on earth a pimping , used car salesman, unregulated, lying, scheming dickhead of a scum-sucking f*ckwitt of a sh1te talking, contract-rigging, agent can take the credit

well, its beyond me

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

.. and who created a generation of £50k+ per year recruitment consultants out of a bag of £20k+ per year call centre kids and telesales bods?
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Well its all true,
          I personally would make a miserable permie , for lots of reasons

luckily, I am now a gold-spinning-mercenary-b@stard-contractor

BUT- I work direct

So how on earth a pimping , used car salesman, unregulated, lying, scheming dickhead of a scum-sucking f*ckwitt of a tulipe talking, contract-rigging, agent can take the credit

well, its beyond me

Impressive! Truly impressive EO
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977 View Post
            This was posted in Comments section of itcontractor forum:

Spoiled Children

These whinge-bag types of contractors are behaving like the spoilt child who starts blaming his parents for all his mis-fortunes and becomes convinced that everything would be so much better if his parents had never existed!

Rec Cons have created a generation of £100K+ yr contractors out of 30K permie material.

Technically they may be good, but in the permie world most of these guys were dismal failures.

Trash Into Gold

We turned trash into gold.

RC's should be commended and praised.

By God they deserve their commission.

Where we would be without these 'trash to gold turners'
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977 View Post
              This is what I call the Agents' Fallacy: the idea that it is the agents who create the jobs.

Companies create the jobs. We do them. Agents at best find us for them (which is good, but is not the creation of the wealth), at worst insert themselves in a parasitical relationship between the economically active parties. The only jobs they create are their own, on our backs.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                This is what I call the Agents' Fallacy: the idea that it is the agents who create the jobs.

Companies create the jobs. We do them. Agents at best find us for them (which is good, but is not the creation of the wealth), at worst insert themselves in a parasitical relationship between the economically active parties. The only jobs they create are their own, on our backs.

And how do they show their gratitude? like this
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Look

agents deserve thier commission
                  they get paid for matching a requirement to a person or company who can fill that requirement

thats it.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    And how do they show their gratitude? like this
                    Well, as long as companies insist on going through agents, we need them. I often wonder why they do, and I'm finding it ever harder to find good reasons.

I have found contracts directly, but never gone direct: because the clients have always insisted on introducing an agent into the chain afterwards. In on awful case, the agent insisted on a handcuff clause, then started going bust and unable to pay, but refused to release me from it.

Why do internet-literate clients use the internet not to find contractors but to find agents? Then agents find me on the net, and rake off 15 - 20% endlessly for having done that. And don't tell me about prompt payment: you can always factor the cashflow, and if the cash stops you can bet that the invoice payments will too, if not before. In one case my agent (whom I had been forced to use after finding the client directly) actually paid me later than the client paid him. Nice work if you can get it, but why am I being taken for a mug? Not because I can't live in the cold world on my own; because agents have bypassed the people who do the work and the people who have the work needing done, and persuaded HR to abuse their power and cut the agents in on a rather large proportion of a wealth that they do nothing to create. And I do wonder why HR is so keen to do this......

Comment

Working...
                    X