• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I really need to give this info??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I really need to give this info??

Got an interview at last and had the pimp ask me for the following info should I get the gig.

Just a bit suspicious as it seems a lot of info..

Copy of the Company Certificate of Incorporation
    Copy of Passport
    Copy of the Company VAT certification
    Copy of your bank statement to verify the bank details i.e. your company name, address and company bank details
    Copy of a utility bill of worker
    Next of kin details
    National Insurance Number

Can anyone tell me this is info I should be supplying??

Is it Elan?
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Might be how did you guess

Comment

or Hays
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
          Might be how did you guess
          Another recent thread talks about Elan asking for bank statements etc.

The only details I would give are: Certificate of Incorporation, VAT Certificate, and Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance certificate.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
            Got an interview at last and had the pimp ask me for the following info should I get the gig.

Just a bit suspicious as it seems a lot of info..

Copy of Passport
            Copy of your bank statement to verify the bank details i.e. your company name, address and company bank details
            Copy of a utility bill of worker
            Next of kin details
            National Insurance Number

Can anyone tell me this is info I should be supplying??
            General comment about doing business: my partner works for a firm of electrical contractors, turnover about 4m, often several subcontractors. In that area, it is very common to demand LOTS of this kind of info from companies, both upper and lower in the chain. In fact her employers are actually holding on to all of their electricians' passports, until they ask for them back. The Co routinely provide extensive VAT & bank details to upper contractors; if they didn't do so, they wouldn't get the contracts. Simple as that.

Comment

The worrying thing is that according to some posters here http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...tatements.html, your bank may hold you responsible on any fraud on your account if you give people copies of your bank statement and passport as they see doing this as negligence..........
              Still Invoicing

Comment

They all ask for some variation of that list now.

And some of them lose it all too, as one agency did for me last year.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Mmmm not impressed with the feedback generally about Elan but I guess I'll have to see for myself if I get the gig.

Reading people comments I'm thinking I can supply

Copy of the Limited Company insurance certificates
                  Basic Disclosure certificate

But I'm not happy with supplying the following

Copy of Passport
                  Copy of your bank statement (Do people think a paying slip is ok??)
                  Next of kin details (Have no idea why they want this???)
                  NI number (Again why??)

I will be asking the agent these questions but wanted some opinions from you guys as ammo..

Comment

I think Parity and Ajilon asked me for NI number and next of kin details. I just didn't give them to them, and they didn't say anything.

If you are opted in then most will ask for a copy of the passport to check that you are who you say you are. This isn't a valid check, though, the agent should ask to see the passport in person. I've sent mine before, but edited the picture to remove the important information - again, it's never been checked.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X