• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you been stopped by police at night ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you been stopped by police at night ?

Have you been stopped by police at night , driving within limits , for routine check ?

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    Have you been stopped by police at night , driving within limits , for routine check ?
    It must be the car you drive - perhaps the fuzz were jealous of it's pulling power???
    If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

No. Are you sure they just didn't want a closer look at the A3?
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

No, not since I was 17 racing round the town centre n my Renault 5.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Yup. Even 30-odd years ago in rural Scotland, when stop and search was a rarer idea. Copper said, well you must admit that it looks suspicious having 5 people in a car late at night. I disputed that I had to admit that, on the grounds that I was doing that and I was law-abiding, so it was clearly a normal thing to do. So he shifted the ground of his argument and I did have to admit that I was going to have to show licence insurance and HO/RT1 at a station within 4 days.

When I did I commented that I didn't know why I had been stopped or why the officer had been so sure that "I had to admit that it was suspicious", Strangely, the officers in the station had no more understanding of my logic than the original had.

Look: did they test your handbrake by having 3 coppers of about size number 1 push your car? Did they find a parcel of drugs that you were totally unable to recall having left there? Did a couple of them remember clearly haviong seen you execute a dangerous manoeuvre contrary to the Road Traffic Act? If the answer to all those is No, you got off.

Comment

I was not stopped guys , I am just wondering whether they check for drunk drivers ... ( not that I do that )

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
              It must be the car you drive - perhaps the fuzz were jealous of it's pulling power???
              its

Never happened to me.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
                And you can put yout image in your.... , well I don't wanna get banned for nothing .

Comment

Only time I've ever been pulled over by the "man" is by VOSA. Think the cops are a pain in the arse VOSA are another kettle of fish all together.

Got pulled last year. First 30 mins spent checking the vehicle. Second 15 mins spent proving who I had been working for the last 28 days and how many rest days I had then they diverted me 10 miles to a weighbridge to weight the lorry.

All in all 90 mins lost. I wasn't fussed as I was by the hour by chaos control were on the phone doing their nut

Comment

Yes, a couple of years ago I got stopped, breath tested and told to be careful. WTF

Comment

Working...
                    X