• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To be Polish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be Polish

So watching this programme on BBC 2 the poles migrating to Briton for work for better money and not much else, nothing new in that.

Interviewer to the polish man in the field picking butternut squash at 6am: "A lot of English people say the immigrants are taking all the jobs away and leaving them with nothing, what do you say to that?"

Pole "we don't take away the jobs the English are just too lazy to do them"

The interviewer proceeded to the job centre to the louts hanging outside drinking beer "What do you think about all those immigrants?"

Lout "there coming here taking all our jobs, working for £2 n hour aren't they, it's f'ff''n disgrace no one will employ us"

interviewer "what if I offered you a job for £7 an hour right now, would you be interested?"

lout "yeeeahhh"

Interviewer "picking butternut squash?"

Lout "fook that, it's easier to join the dole ain't it"

So the circle is complete, after watching that I'm fully in support of the immigrants from Eastern Europe, they're hard working and respectful compared to the native brethren.

Furthermore the benefit system in this country needs a serious going through, no wonder the country is in debt.

Mr Darling don't raise taxes instead fill the coffers by cutting Mr lout's beer allowance.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Contrary to the bogeymen of extreme right-wing politics for decades, the bottom end of the native white population has not lost its jobs by having them stolen by immigrants, but from a combination of other factors, such as disappearance of heavy industry, unwillingness to change or to move, and refusal to take what's going, whether or not a black or white immigrant was standing there ready to do it, for less money or not.

How many of us here have made a move at one point or another to London to find work? I'd guess maybe even a majority of those of us who didn't come from the London area in the first place. We could have said we're graduates or we're clever or we're in demand or it would upset our personal lives and we won't move, but damn few of us did.

How many of us here commute weekly to somewhere away from home, often to another country? Quite a lot I suspect. Not just Brits, though it shows that our collective skill set is a long way ahead of what our economy, crippled by small political brains, can find a use for - you could almost say that a large part of the British economy spends its workdays in Amsterdam or Frankfurt: how many Dutchmen or Germans do you see in the City?

How many of us here have seen years of experience and skills that few could achieve, suddenly rubbished and obsoleted overnight, with no thoughtful appreciation on the part of employers that if you can do it in C you can do it in .net, or whatever? Quite a lot of us with a number of years in the trade, because it does come to all. We could have said we're trained professionals, do something for usm but we didn't and we don't: we get learning or looking, and do something new. Again.

We are more fortunate than most of those out of work: I wouldn't change places. But we here, given what we are in the main capable of, have seen as much adversity in our careers as anybody. Yet in the main we have survived. Speaking personally, it hasn't been easy, and it still isn't. But if I manage to stay in profitable work then I am happy to contribute to the support of those of my fellow-citizens who are less fortunate and can not find a job. I'm a lot less sure, as time goes by, about those who simply make a free choice, based largely on guaranteed income provided from my work, that they'd just rather not work.

Comment

of course immigrants will work harder.

I know plenty. Where they come from there is no choice.

Work HARD for 10 hours a day to feed the family, or die.

Come to England and you will eventually (a generation or so), realise that you don't have to work if you don't want to.

It's not the workshy chavs that are to blame. It's the government, specifically the welfare state, that has destroyed their lives.

All explained here:
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Welfare-Stat.../dp/1842750631

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
          RRP 18.99? That'll keep the riff-raff out!

Comment

I have a simple solution. Anyone on the dole has to attend work that job centres line up for them. Clearing up rubbish, cleaning public bogs, picking fruit and veg and other manual labour (like community service) - the employer could even pay the dole money to the Government that way. They could have a day a week in the dole centre where they can be supervised doing their CV or retraining or whatever. Not pulling their weight on the job and they are booted off the dole. Easy solution. We pay less to keep the country clean and tidy and the scrotes who do not want to work can be given the worst jobs to do until they buck up.

Vote ferret in your next election, you know it makes sense.
            my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post

squirrels

Comment

I have a simple solution. Anyone on the dole has to attend work that job centres line up for them. Clearing up rubbish, cleaning public bogs, picking fruit and veg and other manual labour (like community service) - the employer could even pay the dole money to the Government that way. They could have a day a week in the dole centre where they can be supervised doing their CV or retraining or whatever. Not pulling their weight on the job and they are booted off the dole. Easy solution. We pay less to keep the country clean and tidy and the scrotes who do not want to work can be given the worst jobs to do until they buck up.

The lily livered do gooders would never go for it.
                It should be put to the vote, with only those in full time employment getting to vote.
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

FWIW I agree with you totally. But...

I have heard it said that the above was proposed/implemented by hitler in the thirties - is that correct?

A similar thing was suggested in late eighties by head (of BAE?) who suggested they shouold skivvy for the rich.

Comment

I totally agree with these steps.

The problem is New Liar has created a PC UK - It would be against human rights to make someone work who doesn't want to.
                    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                    X