• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

drink drive London trains etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drink drive London trains etc

Talkin about if you want to drink take a taxi: thought I might have a drink so I took a train to Neil Young in Hammersmith last weekend. Decided to stay till end because I might never see him again.

Live north on Milton Keynes/Birmingham main line. Damn me, last train was 11:45. On a Saturday FFS! Took taxi home, 150.00.

So really I paid 150.00 for a couple of drinks. Next time I drive.

Sounds like you had a lot more than a couple of drinks to pay that much...

Comment

You should have waited 6 hours or so for the first morning train. Euston is close to Kings Cross where there are plenty of ladies of a certain type to keep you company

Comment

Hmmm...if London is the capital of the known world (as another poster intimiated in an adjacent forum), how come all public transport seems to grind to halt after 12.00 am ?

Is it because Londoner's are too scared to go out after then ?

Seriously...it does seem a bit stupid, doesn't it.

Many a weekend's been ruined because of the "rush back to the train station" game.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Talkin about if you want to drink take a taxi: thought I might have a drink so I took a train to Neil Young in Hammersmith last weekend. Decided to stay till end because I might never see him again.

Live north on Milton Keynes/Birmingham main line. Damn me, last train was 11:45. On a Saturday FFS! Took taxi home, 150.00.

Or find the nearest hotel and spend the night
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Or find the nearest hotel and spend the night
            Yup, I'd have booked in somewhere or failing that, just stay out all night and get trashed, then get the first train home!

Sorted.
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

If you will live abroad (outside M25) then what do you expect. Next time stay in your own country.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                If you will live abroad (outside M25) then what do you expect. Next time stay in your own country.
                I'm surprised anyone can drink enough of "your country's" watered down pish to not be able to drive.

Unless he was drinking cocktails, like the rest of you savvern jessies.
                If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

There are these great inventions called train timetables. They're quite recent I think... you can look up (in advance!) what times the trains depart and arrive. I think you can even see them on that internet thing.

HTH
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X