• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plagiarism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plagiarism

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serious question....

I've developed a solution for a client comprising a series of unique and innovate models (etc.). The client is suitably impressed with the work. So much so that a fellow contractor wants to copy the work and use it as his own material with other clients. Unfortunately there is no way that I can restrict access to this material.

Any useful suggestions? The world of public sector contracting is surprisingly small, and I'm worried about bumping into my own material at a future client (where someone else has already claimed the credit). Anyone else experience a similar problem?
    Why not?

I'm no legal eagle but if you are developing work for a client under a standard contract then the client owns the material outright. If you are developing the work under licence or agreement backed up by a suitable contract then you own the rights to this software (if specified in the contract) or you are supplying a specific "product" to the client or developing under licence. If you are using the clients hardware then this is harder to claim.

Under no circumstances should this third party copy your work and claim ownership. Inform the client or if the work is carried out by your company under licence then sue his company.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Strange question from you dundee -- surely that would be outright theft!!!!

Comment

Hint

look at the other posts on the board
        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
          look at the other posts on the board
          Dundee, you have to realise irony is lost on the majority of people who hang around here.

From my point of view, that was the funniest post this year. And at least you can spell "plagiarism".

Comment

Bugger, didn't see that.

hyperD in "stupidest poster of the year" mode.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Make one small typo and some smart arse thinks he's an Oxford don.
              Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
              X