• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK hotels are the most expensive in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK hotels are the most expensive in Europe

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/200...els.travelnews

The UK has the most expensive hotels in Europe while London is the fifth priciest city in the world for a one-night stay, new figures reveal.

The average cost of a one-night stay in a UK hotel rose by 12% to £106 last year, compared with 2006, according to Hotels.com, an online hotel booking site.

I wouldn't mind, but for your £200 a night you get a box room last decorated in 1972 that smells of wee wee.

And another thing. 12% rise. Inflation 2%. Go figure.

And another thing. 12% rise. Inflation 2%. Go figure.

Simple, a hotel room doesn't fit in a shopping basket.

hth.

Comment

But a 50 inch plasma does?

Comment

The UK taken as a whole is more expensive than anywhere in the rest of Europe.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

tulip, I don't make the rules, get a bigger basket or summat

Comment

Try EasyHotel, prices start from 30 quid for London and I see they've now branched out into listing other cheap places not just their own hotels (if they still have any).

Is it cheaper to buy a camper van and park in central london than stay in hotels?
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I wouldn't mind, but for your £200 a night you get a box room last decorated in 1972 that smells of wee wee.
              DimPrawn

Awww, so cute when you say 'wee wee'

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                DimPrawn

Awww, so cute when you say 'wee wee'
                Look, do you want a shag or what?

Comment

Are you suprised? We pay more for petrol, public transport, houses, food etc etc etc!!

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                    Are you suprised? We pay more for petrol, public transport, houses, food etc etc etc!!
                    Offset by the better contract rates you get in the UK though. So stop whinging.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X