• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Income Shifting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income Shifting

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/...8_chapter4.pdf

Check out 4.69.

Also see 4.70 - they are keeping an eye on travel expenses claimed via brolly's

Comment

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/0/0/budget_pn.pdf

Income shifting
      The Government firmly believes it is unfair that some individuals can arrange
      their affairs to gain a tax advantage by shifting part of their income to another
      person who is subject to a lower rate of tax.
      The Government has considered the responses received to the recent
      consultation and believes that a further period of consultation will ensure that
      legislation in this area provides clarity and certainty for businesses and their
      advisers.
      The Government now intends to introduce legislation through Finance Bill
      2009 and will not enact legislation effective from 6 April 2008.

Comment

4.69 The Government firmly believes it is unfair that some individuals can arrange their affairs to gain a tax advantage by shifting part of their income to another person who is subject to a lower rate of tax.

The Government considered the responses received to the recent consultation and believes that a further period of consultation will ensure that the legislation in this area provides clarity and certainty for businesses and their advisers. The Government now intends to introduce legislation through Finance Bill 2009 and will not enact legislation effective from 6 April 2008.
        Why oh why has he lost his bottle over this one?

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
          Also see 4.70 - they are keeping an eye on travel expenses claimed via brolly's
          And over-arching contracts with EBs. Direct is the only way to go...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            And over-arching contracts with EBs. Direct is the only way to go...
            As part of the 30% of Government contracts to be awarded to SME's

Work direct for us and we can keep an eye on you hmmmm

Comment

"The Government firmly believes it is unfair that some individuals can arrange
              their affairs to gain a tax advantage by shifting part of their income to another
              person who is subject to a lower rate of tax."

I take it Govt will tax Peter Greens wise who is getting all the money tax free from extensive business holdings controlled and managed by Mr Green.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                "The Government firmly believes it is unfair that some individuals can arrange
                person who is subject to a lower rate of tax."

Fair that some MP's

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I take it Govt will tax Peter Greens wise who is getting all the money tax free from extensive business holdings controlled and managed by Mr Green.
                  Not if he makes a big enough donation.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

already a thread in Accounts section on this.

Please close this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X