• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Residency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Residency

Used to be day of arrival and departure didn't count. Now it's the number of "midnights", so effectively day of arrival now counts.

I like this bit

the residence rules will be changed so that any day when a person
    spends midnight in the UK counts towards establishing UK residence.
    This means that residents cannot opt out of paying their fair contribution by saying
    they are not resident in the UK;
    But before the change, residents couldn't "opt of paying their fair contribution by saying they are not resident" either.

Tough on logic, tough on the causes of logic.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

It's got the word fair in it, so it can't be wrong?

Comment

I don't understand why they didn't do something like:

the residence rules will be changed so that any day when a person spends more than 30 seconds in the UK establishes UK residence for that year, the year before and the following year.
      This means that residents cannot opt out of paying their fair contribution by saying
      they are not resident in the UK;
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Tough on logic, tough on the causes of logic.

Quote of the day
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I don't understand why they did not do something like this:

"Peter Green pays 40% tax from any dividends paid out to his wife regardless of her residence".

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

"Peter Green pays 40% tax from any dividends paid out to his wife regardless of her residence".

Cos he wouldn't donate to Nu Labour, and go and live somewhere else.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"the residence rules will be changed so that any day when a person spends more than 30 seconds in the UK establishes UK residence for that year, the year before and the following year.
              This means that residents cannot opt out of paying their fair contribution by saying they are not resident in the UK;
              Oh, like the rule they have in Germany you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

It would be funny is she ever filed for divorce, she would claim these UK retail giants as belonging solely to her. I'm sure he wouldn't mutter a word of objection. Ha!

Comment

Working...
                X