• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealous haters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealous haters

So as IT bods we all bring home a decent amount.

Do you ever get anyone being jealous?

I have one particular acquaintance who just despises me. I have been nothing but nice and civil to the guy but everytime I meet him the jealousy and bitterness just pours out.

Like everyone I would never talk about my salary but with the place you live, the car you drive, the lifestyle you lead some things are obvious.

Bumped in to this guy in the street the other day. Gave him a cheery hello. He rolled his eyes as soon as he saw me. During a perfunctory 2 minute conversation, with me just making polite remarks, he managed to fit in the fact that he was "skint as usual" almost as it it was an accusation against me.

He could be an alright bloke if he wasn't so bitter.

Originally posted by DieScum View Post

I have one particular acquaintance who just despises me. I have been nothing but nice and civil to the guy but everytime I meet him the jealousy and bitterness just pours out.

Like everyone I would never talk about my salary but with the place you live, the car you drive, the lifestyle you lead some things are obvious.

Bumped in to this guy in the street the other day. Gave him a cheery hello. He rolled his eyes as soon as he saw me. During a perfunctory 2 minute conversation, with me just making polite remarks, he managed to fit in the fact that he was "skint as usual" almost as it it was an accusation against me.

He could be an alright bloke if he wasn't so bitter.

Do you drive an Audi A3, I find the same problem after people see me in mine

Comment

Had the usual for permies, most usually they live very near to the site and always have. Scared to make a big move but jealous of those who reap the rewards. Just point out to them that they could do it if they cut their mums apron strings!

Also never turn up to the client site in an Audi A3, all the Golf and Skoda drivers will want to kill you
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I know what you mean.

I roared past a permie colleague in my Merc SL55 AMG Black the other day waiting at a bus stop in the gales and rain.

Gave him a big smile and a cheery wave as I blasted past on my way home and miserable git just glared at me.

Comment

My brother-in-law is a little jealous of my lifestyle, but keeps it under control.

MrsF's best friend is VERY jealous of where we live, the fact that we have two cars (neither particularly flash), go on holiday, don't have to work too much. She makes little comments every now and then, which we just laugh about at home. She has nothing else in her life apart from her children and cleaning her cold little house that she needs to dwell on something like how good her life could be.....
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post

Permie men I work with.

I never talk about what I earn.

I even have to be careful talking about where exactly I live.

The only good thing is I drive a banger which makes them think I'm not earning much.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
              Do you drive an Audi A3, I find the same problem after people see me in mine
              How do you cope with the derisory laughter and the shame of it all?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

We hate it when our friends become successful,
                We hate it when our friends become successful.
                Oh, look at those clothes,
                Now look at that face it's so old,
                And such a video,
                Well, it's really laughable,
                Ah hahahaha etc.
                We hate it when our friends become successful,
                And if they're northern
                That makes it even worse and
                If we can destroy them
                You bet your life we will destroy them.
                If we can hurt them, well,
                We may well.
                It's really laughable,
                Ah hahahaha etc.
                You see, it should have been me.
                It could have been me.
                Everybody knows, everybody says so.
                They say, "Oh, you have loads of songs,
                So many songs,
                More songs than they can stand --
                Verse, chorus, middle eighth break"
                Just listen,
                "La la la etc."

-Morrissey

Are you northern?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I get contractors who hate me for earning more than them, with fat banking benefits and bonuses to boot, while sitting in my office doing nothing (i.e. strategising). They also hate that I have power over their lives as I can renew or sack them at will.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I get contractors who hate me for earning more than them, with fat banking benefits and bonuses to boot, while sitting in my office doing nothing (i.e. strategising). They also hate that I have power over their lives as I can renew or sack them at will.

pity

Comment

Working...
                    X