PDA

View Full Version : Free money for entrepeneurs, must have vagina to be eligible

dude69
12th March 2008, 14:53
Budget 2008 announces an access to finance package to ensure that small and growing firms have access to the resources they need:
•• a temporary 20 per cent increase in the funds available through the Small
Firms Loan Guarantee (SFLG);
•• extending eligibility for SFLG to businesses with growth aspirations over five
years old;
•• support for mezzanine finance provision through additional Enterprise
Capital Funds (ECFs);
•• a new capital fund for female entrepreneurs;

ratewhore
12th March 2008, 14:55
I thought that is illegal? But then - we do have the association of black police officers...

KathyWoolfe
12th March 2008, 14:55

:yay::yay::yay:

Hiram King Of Tyre
12th March 2008, 14:57
I haven't got one but I do talk like one

Diver
12th March 2008, 14:58
I haven't got one but I do talk like one

Are you Sasguru's bot?

Sockpuppet
Its alright. My mum is company secretary. I bet she'll qualify. She's old too. That always looks good.

DimPrawn

That is New Lie stuff.

I'm sure some black guy with a great idea will be pleased, as will the disabled man down the road road trying to make a go of it etc.

TheFaQQer
It's only fair :rolleyes:

SueEllen
12th March 2008, 15:00
That is New Lie stuff.

I'm sure some black guy with a great idea will be pleased, as will the disabled man down the road road trying to make a go of it etc.

They can have sex changes courtesy of the NHS.

Spacecadet
12th March 2008, 15:11
what NL are really saying is that white english males are the best and everyone else needs a help up the ladder

DimPrawn
12th March 2008, 15:12
what NL are really saying is that white english males are the best and everyone else needs a help up the ladder

yep.

PAH
12th March 2008, 15:19

:rollin:

Any entrepreneur worth their salt wouldn't need such a helping hand.

Is there any way to check how these token sums are actually spent? I bet there's some MP's wife wanting to set up a flower shop in Chelsea who gets it.

dude69
12th March 2008, 15:22
That is New Lie stuff.

They probably already have funds.

Have a look at Chart 4.2

Disadvantaged Groups:

Lone Parents
50+
Disabled
No Qualifications
BME

How is being 'BME' a disadvantage? I bet Lakshmi Mittals' kids aren't disadvantaged. Having thick uneducated parents is a disadvantage. Having yellow/brown skin is not.

bogeyman
12th March 2008, 15:27
Having yellow/brown skin is not.

Unless you are caucasian. Then it probably means you have hepatitis.

Moscow Mule
12th March 2008, 15:29

Or you eat far too many carrots

DimPrawn
Or you don't wipe your bum properly.

Spacecadet

or you host an upbeat daytime game show based on the high speed shopping

Pondlife
12th March 2008, 15:31
Having thick uneducated parents is a disadvantage. Having yellow/brown skin is not.

I agree. Just look at the Simpsons and that spongebob chappie.

Yellow skin FFS.:eek

bogeyman
12th March 2008, 15:31
or you host an upbeat daytime game show based on the high speed shopping

Or are the former Secretary of State for Wales

(not that he was guilty of anything - the thieving chunt)

AZZIK
12th March 2008, 16:00
It's only fair :rolleyes:

..and about time! :tongue

Cheshire Cat
12th March 2008, 16:03
Have any of the IT contractors on here ever claimed/applied for a grant of any kind for their business? Are business "initiatives" feasible for one-man-band IT companies, or are they only really aimed at companies that intend to produce tangible goods, like a new brand of smoothie or that crap you see advertised in bettaware catalogues?

PAH
12th March 2008, 16:42
or are they only really aimed at companies that intend to produce tangible goods

If you can patent software then it must be tangible.

Jog On
12th March 2008, 16:48
Have any of the IT contractors on here ever claimed/applied for a grant of any kind for their business? Are business "initiatives" feasible for one-man-band IT companies, or are they only really aimed at companies that intend to produce tangible goods, like a new brand of smoothie or that crap you see advertised in bettaware catalogues?

I'm building a 'real business' and reinvesting my contracting income into it. Not developing any 'hard goods' though.

At this stage outside investment doesn't make sense but I haven't ruled the idea out for the near future.

If you can patent software then it must be tangible.

I tried to get my program patented and got told 'no software isn't patentable' I tried to get a more clear answer from them but they didn't want to know.

:tantrum: :tantrum:

Cheshire Cat
12th March 2008, 17:39
I'm building a 'real business' and reinvesting my contracting income into it. Not developing any 'hard goods' though.

At this stage outside investment doesn't make sense but I haven't ruled the idea out for the near future.

I tried to get my program patented and got told 'no software isn't patentable' I tried to get a more clear answer from them but they didn't want to know.

:tantrum: :tantrum:

I was thinking more along the lines of free handouts, rather than selling shares in company to investors. I've heard rumours abroad that some businesses get start up grants and the like. Does that sort of thing apply only to sandwich-shops and unit-shifters?

thunderlizard
12th March 2008, 18:59

I don't blame them. It has been the subject of lukewarm (EU) debate for some decades. Basically it was in a state of "might be about to happen" until 2005. Since then it's been in a state of "might not happen for a few years yet".