• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here we go again . . .

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again . . .

You couldn't keep making these up!
    The vegetarian option.

Doesn't say how they went missing. I think the comment from Nobby sums it up nicely...

Mind you - I quite like the quote from Bert too:

"This is another example of the Government's scandalous disregard for the security of our citizens ..." How does that buffoon Gerald Howarth come to the conclusion that soldiers, sailors and airmen who lose or have their id cards stolen have anything to do with the government? Lads and lasses dropping their id card whilst in the the pub, on holiday, on operations etc...and its the governments fault? What a complete headline grabbing idiot. Apart from losing the plot, has he lost anything else...and blamed the government for it? If he's supposed to be a top tory, i'll be sticking with the idiots in power at the moment
    Last edited by ratewhore; 12 March 2008, 16:13.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Whoever thought the following quote up ought to be taken out and shot -

"They have photographic ID on them, so it would be difficult for them to be used by individuals they have not been assigned to."
      Or haven't they been watching TV/movies for the last 40-odd years?
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

I came back into the country once on a military ID. Unfortunately, it belonged to a colleague who was female with a perm. Incidentally I'm a blurk without a perm)...

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          Doesn't say how they went missing. I think the comment from Nobby sums it up nicely...

Mind you - I quite like the quote from Bert too:
          Agreed, but it doesn't auger well for the much vaunted national ID card scheme.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

This proves there's a place for biometric scanner based security, simple ID cards are old technology.

I noticed in the budget a comment about using biometrics at airports and the like, so I'm sure the government's got it all in hand and before we know it proper ID cards will be required everywhere.

At least with biometrics the bad guys can't beat us up for a pin number. They'll just cut off a finger and poke out an eye instead.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              In as much as people will lose them yes. They (el Gov) need to have a decent process to cover this - which they won't. If you think about the number of missing passports/NI numbers etc etc your right, it doesn't bode well.

But, the article is rubbish and makes no point...

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                I think that once they start hitting the news again, all these instances of incompetence will be dragged up again

(Note to self......make cuttings of government incompetence and store away for when....)
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  They'll just cut off a finger and poke out an eye instead.
                  A good scanner will measure the heat. Therefore, make sure said finger or eye is recently removed...

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                    make cuttings of government incompetence and store away for when....

Barry George got stitched up for having a similar fetish. I suspect you will need a bit more storage space than he did for his stash of Jill Dando articles though.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X