• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terry Pratchett has alzheimer's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry Pratchett has alzheimer's

And has donated £0.5M to research. At the same time is moaning about how little public money is spent in this area and how cancer is seen as being more 'heroic' and words like 'battle' are used when suffers speak of it.

Seriously, he's 59, he's had an amazing life doing what most people only dream of doing, he's sold over 50 million books, I think he needs to shut the feck up and get on with it.

I wonder what his personal fortune is worth £50M? £0.5M seems like a tiny amount in comparison when he is so worried about it.

Can you remind me.
    What's Alzheimers exactly?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'd love a cup of tea, thanks.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

So because he has done all this cool stuff, you reckon he ought to forget all about it now?
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
          And has donated £0.5M to research. At the same time is moaning about how little public money is spent in this area and how cancer is seen as being more 'heroic' and words like 'battle' are used when suffers speak of it.
          Every disease if you are the one that is affected is the most serious.

If he was like Michael J Fox and got a such a disease at 31 then he would have public sympathy.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post

Seriously, he's 59, he's had an amazing life doing what most people only dream of doing, he's sold over 50 million books, I think he needs to shut the flip up and get on with it.

I wonder what his personal fortune is worth £50M? £0.5M seems like a tiny amount in comparison when he is so worried about it.
            That's a great attitude Luke. He speaks out bringing some awareness to a problem that affects 700000 people in the UK, 15,000 of them with the early kind Pratchett has - and he points out that it's nearly on par with cancer and gets 3% of the funding, and you've got a problem with that.

What an empathetic trannie you are.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              That's a great attitude Luke. He speaks out bringing some awareness to a problem that affects 700000 people in the UK, 15,000 of them with the early kind Pratchett has - and he points out that it's nearly on par with cancer and gets 3% of the funding, and you've got a problem with that.

Great post indeed. 100% agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Great post indeed. 100% agree.

guys, this is going to the point of being offensive. i'm responding to user requests that this abuse ceases forthwith. i'll reprimand anyone in future who makes a similar abusive accusation. if you can't live with the fact that someone is a female, then maybe you should refrain from posting in the meantime and reflect on your inability to accept what is on the face of it a not unusual occurrence.
                ta.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

Cancer affects people of all ages.

Alzheimers affects people considered "old" in society.

Hence cancer research charities can have media images of children dying of cancer and youngish people especially mothers, while Alzheimers can't.

Sad but true if you want funding for your favourite human cause or public sympathy make sure it affects someone young as breast and child related cancers generate the most public donations there as prostate and bowel generate the least.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I used to have a trannie, but I now use a Walkman.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X