• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The great depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The great depression

Depression looming? or will the Fed pull it off

Another bit of doom

The number of articles appearing with the words "the great depression" are increasing.

So what's going to happen?

Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 March 2008, 09:02.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The good news is that'll I'll be able to buy a villa in Florida for £25.

The bad news is that'll it'll be 3 times what my 4 bed house in Winchester will be worth
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

what's the difference between a depression and a recession?
      IIRC a recession is two consecutive quarters of decline in GDP. So is a depression just an prolonged recession, or are there other characteristics?

Comment

I think a depression is in your head and a recession is on your head.

HTH.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I thought this thread was about the fella suing M & S for slipping on a grape. He lost

Or about the bloke suing the bookies for his losses. He lost that too

But then, this fella is probably depressed too...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I always enjoy Snaw's witty and incisive comments.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I do too. Helps the day go by a little quicker.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

In fact I'm so impressed with Snaws wit that I copy and save it and repeat it at parties. The reactions are quite hilarious ranging from a punch on the nose to being chased out of the room by an "empathetic trannie" waving a handbag.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

In fact I'm so impressed with Snaws wit that I copy and save it and repeat it at parties. The reactions are quite hilarious ranging from a punch on the nose to being chased out of the room by an "empathetic trannie" waving a handbag.
                  Do you use the words 'Doom' and 'Depression' a lot at these parties or do you save those for your padded cell?

Comment

Depression looming? or will the Fed pull it off

Another bit of doom

The number of articles appearing with the words "the great depression" are increasing.

Ask Nicky G.

Comment

Working...
                    X