• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business a/c Guarantee Limit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business a/c Guarantee Limit

Is a business a/c guaranteed in the same way a personal one is (to a max of £35K)?

Reading the news today its all doom/gloom.

FWIW, I bank with CA.

Any suggestions on how to protect your a/c?

Bank with Northern Rock.

HTH

Comment

I'm pretty sure that ANY deposits within an institution regulated by the FSA are guaranteed under the financial services compensation scheme.

But don't take it as definite from me, phone up CA!
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

It's worth knowing also, that if you bank with a main bank and also its subsidiary, you are only guaranteed on one account. So for example, if you had an account with Abbey as well as Cater Allen, it would make sense to move one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by lambretta008 View Post
          Is a business a/c guaranteed in the same way a personal one is (to a max of £35K)?

Reading the news today its all doom/gloom.

FWIW, I bank with CA.

Any suggestions on how to protect your a/c?
          Max £35k per person per institution. "Small firms" are included in the FSCS scheme although I can't find a definition of a small firm. Try http://www.fscs.org.uk/

Comment

From the CA website:

Cater Allen Limited is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme established under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Payments under the scheme are limited to 100% of the first £2,000 and 90% of the next £33,000 of a depositor's total deposits with Cater Allen Limited subject to a maximum payment to any one depositor of £31,700.

On the bright side, I believe that CA creditors are 100% guaranteed by Abbey and Santander.
            If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

That's out of date now. I belive it's 100% of the first £35,000 now.
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                That's out of date now. I belive it's 100% of the first £35,000 now.
                Just spotted this: http://www.caterallen.co.uk/News/Lat...?pid=84&id=162

Guarantee has been extended to July 2012.
                If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Working...
                X