• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

min advised salary not to get investigated?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

min advised salary not to get investigated?

ltd co pays at above the min wage for hours worked, but in current finantial year that is less than £10.5k... so will this result in possible investigation?? how is the 10.5k figure calculated? I remember some1 said qdos policy requires above a certain sal for employee.

could pay a bonus to take it over the 10.5k, as its only just under atm.
    thx for tips. richy.

Originally posted by richy View Post
    ltd co pays at above the min wage for hours worked, but in current finantial year that is less than £10.5k... so will this result in possible investigation?? how is the 10.5k figure calculated? I remember some1 said qdos policy requires above a certain sal for employee.

thx for tips. richy.
    NMW is £5.52 per hour.

If you assume a 40 hour week and 48 weeks worked per year this gives you £10,598.40 which I guess is why people equate £10.5k as the annual equavalent of NMW.

Paying yourself over £10.5k doesn't mean you won't get investigated and paying yourself under £10.5k doesn't mean you will get investigated.

Some people argue that you might reduce risk of investigation by paying above NMW, but this is purely speculative.

Comment

Originally posted by minstrel View Post
      NMW is £5.52 per hour.

If you assume a 40 hour week and 48 weeks worked per year this gives you £10,598.40 which I guess is why people equate £10.5k as the annual equavalent of NMW.

Paying yourself over £10.5k doesn't mean you won't get investigated and paying yourself under £10.5k doesn't mean you will get investigated.

Some people argue that you might reduce risk of investigation by paying above NMW, but this is purely speculative.
      Excellent summation of the situation. If only our political leaders would talk like this.

Comment

Originally posted by minstrel View Post
        NMW is £5.52 per hour.

Okay. thanks for the explanation. cheers. richy.

Comment

£5,200.

Minimum wage is for the hoi polloi, not for company directors.

Comment

thx for tips. richy.
            Donate to the Labour party - then you wont be investigated.

Comment

thx for tips. richy.
              Yes - If you look through posts by QdosConsulting here, they said it. Think it needs to be £10k+ but not sure.

Their reasoning was that that figure made you less likely to have an investigation though.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X