• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ouch - road tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ouch - road tax

That's me up to £450 a year now...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...nbudget114.xml

If this was France people would be out on the street torching buildings.

Has anyone got more Vaseline I'm drying up...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Perhaps Lucy can setup and online petition to Brown and instead of marching, carrying a banner, raising awareness, we could click on a button?

Comment

My 119 g/km of CO2 diesel costs me £35 a year in road tax

Doesn't help you, I know, but it's the one consolation of driving such a nasty little car.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Looks like I get to keep my S reg VW forever now. Was considering moving 'up' to a 2002 or so automatic Honda...but will have to keep manually changing gears for a looonnnng time now.

Anyone want a P reg Mazda cheap?

Isn't thing going to drop the values of post 00 reg second-hand cars, and possibly increase slightly the values of older cars - particularily those with larger engines?
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

My car was registered in 2000, £200 tax for me rising with inflation so £4 a year if the BoE does it's job properly.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            My car was registered in 2000, £200 tax for me rising with inflation so £4 a year if the BoE does it's job properly.
            Are you sure the government will use its own figures for inflation?

Comment

On that page there's a link to a list of cars and bands, only thing is my model appears 5 times on the list. Anywhere else you can get a more descriptive/definitive list?

Comment

The increments are a bit strange:

20, 10, 60, 20, 30, 25, 30, 55, 40, 115, 35.

Couldn't they have come up with something even more random?

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                  The increments are a bit strange:

20, 10, 60, 20, 30, 25, 30, 55, 40, 115, 35.

Couldn't they have come up with something even more random?

tim

Aren't those the numbers from Lost?
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    Isn't thing going to drop the values of post 00 reg second-hand cars, and possibly increase slightly the values of older cars - particularily those with larger engines?

What happens if we buy a recent car then slap a big naughty V8 in it?
                    Does it have to be re-classed or are modified cars exempt?
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X