• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gobsmacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gobsmacked

My wife is an NHS midwife. A thieving scumbag 'patient' stole two credit cards from her bag whilst she was momentarily distracted during treatment of said patient.

After many weeks of helping the police to trace and catch the woman we got a letter yesterday.

"I thought I would write to inform you that we have completed our enquiries with regard to the theft of your credit card and we have had a full and frank admission from the suspect.

She has been cautioned as appropriate to her actions and is aware that if any further offence are committed by her she will be dealt with by the courts.
    If you have any further concerns blah blah blah".

Unbelievable

So of course she will now be passing this information on to the rest of her "acquaintances" that they basically get a free pass until the first time they get caught.

By the way we still haven't been refunded the money from the bank. Presumably she will also get to keep everything she stole.

I can't wait to get out of this country.

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
    My wife is an NHS midwife. A thieving scumbag 'patient' stole two credit cards from her bag whilst she was momentarily distracted during treatment of said patient.

After many weeks of helping the police to trace and catch the woman we got a letter yesterday.

"I thought I would write to inform you that we have completed our enquiries with regard to the theft of your credit card and we have had a full and frank admission from the suspect.

She has been cautioned as appropriate to her actions and is aware that if any further offence are committed by her she will be dealt with by the courts.

Unbelievable

So of course she will now be passing this information on to the rest of her "acquaintances" that they basically get a free pass until the first time they get caught.

By the way we still haven't been refunded the money from the bank. Presumably she will also get to keep everything she stole.

I can't wait to get out of this country.
    An injustice I agree. Emigrating is a bit extreme though. Where you off to?

Comment

In central Jylland they are desperate for medical types.

There again, they're all going on strike soon for more money and more staff.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Oz, open ended from next Jan.

Not as a result of above but this doesn't help.

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        An injustice I agree. Emigrating is a bit extreme though. Where you off to?

Comment

How much did she spend and what on ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If we had Sharia law, the thieving bitch would have her hands cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post

What did you expect them to do? Pay for a prison cell for the woman, and care for the new child?

Bring back transportation I say. Perhaps to Iraq?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                What did you expect them to do? Pay for a prison cell for the woman, and care for the new child?

Bring back transportation I say. Perhaps to Iraq?
                What! They have taken away our transportation?

Comment

If I were giving birth, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a midwife from whom I'd stolen money...
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

She was caught and justice was done. You should be happy. A caution for a minor first offence is the norm. Like the other poster says, how else to deal with such a minor offence. Jail for the woman and care home for the baby? How much cost and trouble is that? Maybe different if you had to pay for the HM lodgings and look after the baby yourself!

Comment

Working...
                    X