• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost My Phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost My Phone

The other day I lost my brand new n95 8gb phone. As I didn't take out insurance when I bought it and don't really want to claim on the home insurance I'm going to have to buy a new handset. What do you lot think would be a good handset - it has to have buttons, so none of that touch screen stuff for me.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    The other day I lost my brand new n95 8gb phone. As I didn't take out insurance when I bought it and don't really want to claim on the home insurance I'm going to have to buy a new handset. What do you lot think would be a good handset - it has to have buttons, so none of that touch screen stuff for me.
    Whats the n95 like ?

Rhubarb.

Comment

Nokia E51. Its small and a phone.

Its the replacement for the 6310i the best business phone ever made. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
        Whats the n95 like ?

Rhubarb.
        What was the N95 like?

Comment

It was ok - battery life is a bit rubbish though. It looked good on the media front as the screen is bright and pretty big (hence the battery life) The GPS in it was pretty good also, but I already have a tom tom in the car so something I didn't use that much.

I'm toying with getting another ericsson one as I have to pay for it myself and don't want to shell ot £400 for the nokia. The thing I want most out of it is the ability for it to pick up my mail. It's blocked at work.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I've just got the Nokia 6500 slide and its a good little phone but a touch heavy.

Comment

The thing I want most out of it is the ability for it to pick up my mail. It's blocked at work.
              E51

Comment

Samsung G600

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                  Samsung G600
                  Nokia E51

Comment

As my phone is in my name and not my companies, will I be covered by my Home Office / Equipment Insurance?

Has anybody had any dealings with Caunce O'Hara when it comes to making a claim?

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X