• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The future of working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future of working

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008...orklifebalance

A report on the nature of employment in 2018 predicts an exodus from the traditional workplace caused partly by environmental pressure to reduce the carbon footprint of commuting and partly by the demographic pressure of an ageing population, with fewer employees able to avoid looking after older relatives, leading to a blurring of boundaries between family and career.

In a list of scenarios drawn up by the Chartered Management Institute and launched at a seminar in London yesterday by Sir John Sunderland, chairman of Cadbury Schweppes, companies were warned to prepare for a range of more remote possibilities, including a world under cyber attack, the use of holograms for communication between staff, and controlling employee behaviour by implanting microchips in their brains.

Who wants to be a permie in 2018? Direction and control.......

There is at least one US company that inserts RFIDs in their staff to monitor their movements.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      and controlling employee behaviour by implanting microchips in their brains.
      Accidenture have already been doing that for years.

Comment

How long before we hear Gordo's catchphrase: "It is right that we implant microchips in employees heads blah blah".

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          How long before we hear Gordo's catchphrase: "It is right that we implant microchips in employees heads blah blah".
          I'm not saying GB is the antichrist, but there are some similarities...

“ He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. ”

—Rev. 13:16-1
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            I'm not saying GB is the antichrist, but there are some similarities...

“ He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. ”

—Rev. 13:16-1
            Chico, welcome back!!!

Comment

This slightly concerns me.

If everyone does as little as I do when they're working from home the entire country may grind to a halt...
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Prawny you gotta stop reading the guardian, its full of bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  Prawny you gotta stop reading the guardian, its full of bollocks.
                  It's a bit right-wing for me the Guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    There is at least one US company that inserts RFIDs in their staff to monitor their movements.
                    There are plenty of industries where it's handy to know exactly where the workforce are. Implants are a bit OTT though.

My brother has a tracking system in his truck so they can monitor exactly where he is when he's on a job. Apparently it's an upgrade available on the top of the range Tom Toms. Only thing is they keep calling him to ask why he's at home when he's really in France or Germany, because he had the unit stolen a few weeks ago and it's not been activated since.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X