• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phorm Petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phorm Petition

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ispphorm/

One that probably is worth signing. it would appear that opting out of the phorm process requires a cookie, but it tracks all traffic, not just browser traffic.

This means you can only opt out of them tracking your browsing, but not everything else.....

Shhhh, be careful - phorn will track those submissions too and they will have your address...

Comment

I urge you all to sign this, if you sign any petition this year. Well spotted Ardesco. I've also taken the step of writing to the Information Commissioner and my local MP about this, and ask you all to consider doing the same.

We are sleepwalking into a corporate police state - I know we're pretty far down that road already, but we can make a difference.

Comment

Pointless effort - Brown will say that it is the matter for private companies and that's the end of it.

Those guys will be brought down by bad publicity that will force ISPs to back out of this crap.

Comment

Do I have to click another button. Sheesh, this protesting business is tiring....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Pointless effort - Brown will say that it is the matter for private companies and that's the end of it.

Those guys will be brought down by bad publicity that will force ISPs to back out of this crap.
            AtW - False & true:

The data protection laws are there - and we can insist that they be more rigorously enforced.

Bad publicity has the potential to kill off the public face of this company and others like it. Relying on that alone is apathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              The data protection laws are there - and we can insist that they be more rigorously enforced.
              Web server log data is not against data protection laws. Hitwise has been doing what Phorn wants to do for a long time - Phorn takes it further though and more public, so I think it is just a matter of time before they reach negativity.

Anyhow if you run SKA then you are safe - your own requests will be hidden among millions other HTTP requests

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Anyhow if you run SKA then you are safe - your own requests will be hidden among millions other HTTP requests
                Doesn't SKA do something similar to this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7296056.stm

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

No - semantic web is the same kind of concept like communism - it only exists on paper but in real world it turns into something very ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

No SKA does something similar to this. See below.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X