• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: More Happy Slapping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: More Happy Slapping

Story

Looks like these attacks are looking to add novelty value.

A teenager has been arrested after a 13-year-old boy was tied to a tree with masking tape which was then set on fire in a "happy slapping" attack.

Kyle Parker became the latest victim of the craze when a gang of eight older boys tied his body to a tree and bound his legs together with a school tie in woodland near to Smithills High School in Bolton, Greater Manchester.

The bullies also placed a monkey mask over the teenager's face and gagged him.

They then set fire to the tape and filmed the attack on their mobile phones.

Kyle, a Year 8 pupil at Smithills School, was able to scramble free and escape injury during the 20-minute assault last Friday.

A spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police said a 15-year-old boy from Bolton had been arrested on suspicion of false imprisonment and would be questioned by officers
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Well, you've got to add value these days otherwise you risk being off-shored.

Comment

This is really getting out of hand. When will stupid Bliar realise that the youth of today is totally out of control?

Comment

Bring back canings, that should keep the little buggers in line and provide a great source of tension release for teachers.

Comment

I know Smithills from way back. Dog rough. They've been doing that sort of thing since long before mobiles and cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
            I know Smithills from way back. Dog rough. They've been doing that sort of thing since long before mobiles and cameras.
            Before cameras, eh? So in those days, did they bring a famous painter along to record the scene?

Comment

Famous painters

Yup - that's exactly how Rubens' Massacre of the Innocents started. And if people continue to pay £50m and up for that sort of thing it's never going to end.

What I meant was people have been brutally duffing each other up in that part of the world for centuries, before there was any way to film the thing. Just like we were perfectly capable of playground violence before video games got any more advanced than Pac Man.

Now I come to think of it I'm mixing up Smithills and the Withins school, which is the rougher one.

Comment

famous painters

That's got me thinking about Dante's Inferno. Those happy slappers would have been right bastards.

Comment

Happy Slapping?

It's not Happy Slapping it's assault and should be treated as such, to the full extent of the law.

Comment

Aren't mobile phones great

Yup, all the little chavs used to get away with it. Now the thicko's record it on their phones and give the Police some great evidence!

Gotta love it.
                    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Working...
                    X