• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another wobbly bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another wobbly bank

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7296678.stm

US bank Bear Stearns has got emergency funding from the Federal Reserve of New York and JP Morgan Chase.

The emergency cash will be available to Bear Stearns for 28 days and as necessary, JP Morgan Chase said.

I wonder when the next UK Northern Rock will emerge? Not long I suspect.

That's been on the cards for days. And there are more...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      well JPM for a start! I do hope thhis means that Tony Bliar does not get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I wonder when the next UK Northern Rock will emerge? Not long I suspect.
        Alliance & Leicster?

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
          Alliance & Leicster?
          Any evidence for that?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            British, Yank, or other?

You're right not to mention names though SG - I was about to post to the effect "Let's hope bank XXX is OK, as my company account is with them and they have good terms". But in these days of frenzied rumour and speculation even that could be misconstrued as a sarky hint that they are anything but OK!

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
              British, Yank, or other?

You're right not to mention names though SG - I was about to post to the effect "Let's hope bank XXX is OK, as my company account is with them and they have good terms". But in these days of frenzied rumour and speculation even that could be misconstrued as a sarky hint that they are anything but OK!
              yeah - I was watching Mary Poppins yesterday - look what happened when that boy tried to withdraw his tuppence to feed the birds.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                yeah - I was watching Mary Poppins yesterday - look what happened when that boy tried to withdraw his tuppence to feed the birds.
                What the world needs now to get out of this turmoil is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
                X