• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missing Shannon Matthews Is Found Alive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Shannon Matthews Is Found Alive

This is Good news - I was fearing the worse had happened to her.
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Why has she not been reunited with her mother yet? Something fishy going on...

Comment

Is it just me or do all the residents of Dewsbury look like extras from Shameless?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Is it just me or do all the residents of Dewsbury look like extras from Shameless?
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Here is my perspective…. Albeit from an ‘insiders’ view.

From what I understand Shannon was not happy at home. Although she was abducted, she has no idea about this – appears that her ‘abductor’ gave her time and space which it sounds like she was not getting at home, hence, to Shannon things have improved over the last month.

We need to bear in mind that her adductor was a relative of her step dad, and, it sounds like things were not going well between her stepdad and Shannon and her mother.

Therefore, it is quite right that social services look into the family set-up before considering the right thing for Shannon.

Comment

Having dealt with the SS before, they will ignore the 1989 children act. which states that the interests of the child shall be paramount. alas there is an unwritten law that the interests of the mpother coincide with that of the child.

I remember getting a formal complaint going against Wandsworth SS (the case worker was a lay magistrate and had told my ex she was going to get me). When I asked why they had not applied the law they said "because it is not easy".

Still, what does one expect from an organization which is above and beyond the law(the SS cannot be sued).

Comment

There is not something quite right about this lot, it will all come out in the wash. Quite what a family with no income is doing having seven kids when they are clearly not fit to look after them I’ll never know, are these people just really thick?

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                There is not something quite right about this lot, it will all come out in the wash. Quite what a family with no income is doing having seven kids when they are clearly not fit to look after them I’ll never know, are these people just really thick?
                Unfortunately due to the mess the care system is in children will not be separated from their parents except as a last resort. So parents can get away doing quite horrific things to their children even though other organisations or agencies are involved because SS will not remove them. (And yes I know people quite well who work for the other "agencies")
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Unfortunately due to the mess the care system is in children will not be separated from their parents except as a last resort. So parents can get away doing quite horrific things to their children even though other organisations or agencies are involved because SS will not remove them. (And yes I know people quite well who work for the other "agencies")
                  I think the more likely reason is that the SS do not like dealing with working class people. They complain more. They prefer to target the middle classes. they argue less.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                    are these people just really thick?
                    if you pay people to sit at home and breed, they will sit at home and breed. GB et al truly believe that they are providing a 'safety net' to help people whilst they get back on their feet, get educated then go out and find work. It will take 100's of years of evidence to convince these people how foolish their ideas are.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X