• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gentlemen's watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentlemen's watch

Maybe post should read as contractors watch?

Poll to follow, which do you own and particular model from each brand?
    Cartier
    1.92%
    Breitling
    19.23%
    Tag Heuer
    23.08%
    Rolex
    13.46%
    Omega
    15.38%
    Don't do brands
    26.92%

There are only 5 watches there. What am I supposed to wear the other two days of the week?

Comment

I have a Tag Aquaracer Automatic. It's quite nice (and cheap).

I covet Omega watches but haven't got round to deciding which one to buy yet.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Don't bother with a watch apart from rare occasions as I have the time on my mobile phone.

One less thing to worry about getting robbed when you're staggering around the streets on a night out.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Breitling B1. Dual display with alarm. Had it 7 years and very happy with it. Very useable unlike a lot of the of the bigger Breitlings. Never needs adjusting between services and keeps perfect time.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

These are all chav watches. The true gentlemen's watch is a Patek Philippe.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              These are all chav watches. The true gentlemen's watch is a Patek Philippe.
              U G L Y,

you aint got no alibi you UGLY.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Vacheron Constantin

(I wish)
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Anyone who spends more than £50 on a watch is a nutcase. IMHO. YMMV. WGASA. HTH.

Comment

I don't wear any watch - this made me "feel" the time pretty accurately, usually plus minus 10-15 mins at current time.

Comment

Working...
                    X