• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie UK

There is a barrage of doom laden depression depicting articles erupting in the news media, such as below:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...on-796428.html

If it happens it will be bad for permies, but devastating for contracting as projects are canned and budgets cut.

I think that in the next 6 months there will be a role reversal, so instead of us hearing all about permies planning to go contracting, it will be contractors asking for advice about how to go permie.

What we will need then is a new website Permie UK. Could be a money maker for a benched contractor.

FFS do you want to post another five threads on this topic?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If we do go into recession, ALL of us will get hit.

End of.
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
        If we do go into recession, ALL of us will get hit.

End of.
        Yes, and not only work. Also our assets will become worthless because of inflation and house price crash. The environment is screwed up because of pollution and democracy is disappearing.

I suggest to rename the forum as DOOM UK. Because we are all doomed, anyway.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I prefer to rely on my skills, positivity and entrepreneurial spirit to get contracts than buy into gloom and doom peddled by the media. Lots of contracts about all over the place so just re-train, re-focus and keep your business going. Unless you're a disguised permie tax dodger that is

Comment

What's does the UK and US expect, wars cost money.

I doubt Russia and China are going through similar experiences.

This contractor is untouchable as my services are global, my advice to you - get out there!

And for the permies.. stop yer foul mouthed non-risk taking whinging, quack quack
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

"I prefer to rely on my skills, positivity and entrepreneurial spirit to get contracts than buy into gloom and doom peddled by the media. Lots of contracts about all over the place so just re-train, re-focus and keep your business going. Unless you're a disguised permie tax dodger that is"

Exactly. Good attitude.

To be honest if there was no work about I'd be off to do a bit of travelling for a while. I suppose not really an option for those with a family!

Comment

Aye. Good think about me. Logistics are logistics.

I can quite happily work anywhere in the world as the principles are the same. Other than some specifics a lorry is generally a lorry.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                  I prefer to rely on my skills, positivity and entrepreneurial spirit to get contracts than buy into gloom and doom peddled by the media.
                  That's what I kept saying to my other 'alf, while watching daytime tv during the last downturn. Thing is by end April 2003, it was true. The phone had sprung back into life and I was working again within a month. With forsight I was lucky it was too late to save that relationship, otherwise she would be cashing in on my success.

A good recession and spell of joblessness is a good way to blow out nackered relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                    I prefer to rely on my skills, positivity and entrepreneurial spirit to get contracts than buy into gloom and doom peddled by the media. Lots of contracts about all over the place so just re-train, re-focus and keep your business going. Unless you're a disguised permie tax dodger that is
                    Hear hear!

Comment

Working...
                    X