• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop This

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop This

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003705.html

surely there must be a way to stop this ?
    stealing the bread from my mouth that's what this is
    its a feckin disgrace

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003705.html

surely there must be a way to stop this ?
    stealing the bread from my mouth that's what this is
    its a flipin disgrace
    Have you joined the PCG?

Comment

You'll never get anywhere if you expect protectionist laws to protect your income.

Rely on your skillset, talent and attitude.

Don't compete on price.

Comment

But there so cute..
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
          You'll never get anywhere if you expect protectionist laws to protect your income.

Rely on your skillset, talent and attitude.

Don't compete on price.
          how does it help a country if its citizens cant get employment because, the doors have been opened to huge numbers of people with similar skills but who 'can' work for less

Comment

oh and i didnt say it was a flipin disgrace i said it was a f ckin disgrace

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
              how does it help a country if its citizens cant get employment because, the doors have been opened to huge numbers of people with similar skills but who 'can' work for less
              Cry me a river.

Not sure I heard you pipe up when the same happened to builders/HGV drivers/nurses/plumbers/farm labourers.

Its a ****er when it happens to your trade isn't.

Comment

'Leaky' visa system - by accident or design?

Comment

Oh, that. It's been going on for several year in IT (and as SP says, decades if you count builders etc; centuries if you include textile workers etc.)

It doesn't matter because in our biz, supply creates demand. Once department A in company 1 has a software system, department B wants one too. And then company 2. Then company 1 wants a program to synchronise A and B, then eventually migrate them both to C. By then, an army of support analysts, BAs and infrastructure people will be on the gravy train. The more work Wipro does this year, the more I'll have next year. The only other thing that works like that is hard drugs.

Comment

When our borders are completely open and "asylum seekers" and "economic migrants" with no skills whatsoever are welcomed with open arms, do you honestly think the government want to stop skilled and educated people coming here to work?

Comment

Working...
                    X