• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Franko

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Franko

Hi Franko,

our normal banter aside, I'd like your opinion on something,

can you tell me, in Italy, is barilla a good brand/quality or is it rubbish ?

Thanks,

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Hi Franko,

our normal banter aside, I'd like your opinion on something,

can you tell me, in Italy, is barilla a good brand/quality or is it rubbish ?

Thanks,

Milan.
    It's not the best but it's fairly good. For me it's one of the best but not everybody agrees with that. It used to be the Roma team sponsor in the 80s so I might also get emotional for that.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Hi Franko,

thanks, I really like the barilla pasta and sauces too

nice to know that italians like it too

Milan.

Comment

Hi Franko,

what about Sacla ?

Good or nasty ?

They do a nice brusceta tomato mixture and of course pestos etc

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Hi Franko,

what about Sacla ?

Good or nasty ?

They do a nice brusceta tomato mixture and of course pestos etc

Milan.
          No food supplier is nasty in Italy, they wouldn't be able to survive the local market. Sacla' was famous for olives when I was a kid... I still remember the jingle... olive cosi' olive sacla' lalala

However, this italian food is too expensive for you... I suggest you stick to baked beans in the can.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
            No food supplier is nasty in Italy, they wouldn't be able to survive the local market. Sacla' was famous for olives when I was a kid... I still remember the jingle... olive cosi' olive sacla' lalala

However, this italian food is too expensive for you... I suggest you stick to baked beans in the can.

"in a tha cana" - Shirley?

Comment

Get a PM!!!!

Question for ferret / administrator - why is this not in Light Relief? it's even less interesting than the counting thread.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Get a PM!!!!

Question for ferret / administrator - why is this not in Light Relief? it's even less interesting than the counting thread.
                Thata is becausa you eatta tulipta! (icon with moving hands)

Comment

Francko, I'd start charging consultancy fees. It's begining to look like Milan is trying to write a cookery book.

Comment

there's nothing wrong with good baked beans, cooked with a little butter and ground pepper and fried onions, delivered onto lightly toasted bread with parmesan grated on top

yum

so, Sacla gets the Franko seal of approval - thanks

what about Bertolli, they do very nice pesto's

I've always wondered, in Italy, which is the best Bertolli or Sacla, because, for me the Bertolli pestos are nicer than the Sacla ones, but having said that these small jars of Sacla brusceta tomato sauce are amazing just made a glorious sandwich,

fresh bread containing carrot and sun dried tomatoes

bertolli olive oil margerine on one slice

sacla brusceta tomato sauce on a slice, put a good amount on

grated chedder on the 'buttered slice'

put some ham on

put some rucola on

grind some pepper on

put the two pieces together

and wack them into the breville until the cheese is melting

yum

anyway, back to business,what about Bertolli and which is best Bertolli or Sacla ?

Thanks,

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X