• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lovely place - Liverpool!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely place - Liverpool!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7300133.stm

Cycling down the road, minding your own business. Someone jumps out of a car and stabs you to death. I'm sure there's a bit of background to this story, but probably not too much in this day and age...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Liverpool - City of culture!!!

Scum roaming the street is not culture!

Comment

Culture - the filth and slime that grows on decaying matter.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        Cycling down the road, minding your own business. Someone jumps out of a car and stabs you to death. I'm sure there's a bit of background to this story, but probably not too much in this day and age...

Watching that film Wilde the other day (quite a tearjerker at the end), I couldn't help wishing we still had judges like the one at his trial and prisons to match. Can't see it happening though while our hands are tied by all this human rights carp.
        Last edited by ferret; 17 March 2008, 11:23. Reason: No need...

Comment

Its no surprise to me. Pretty much every event that has shocked the nation in the past few decades has come from that city. Toxteth Riots, Jamie Bulger, Hillsborough, Antony Walker, Rhys Jones etc etc etc. For a small city it never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7300133.stm

Agreed, doesn't take much really, in the last few weeks I've read of two cyclists killed and one in a coma that happened on the roads I use for my regular commute. All supposedly 'accidents', although the stories wandering about the cycling fraternity has: one where the cyclist flipped the bird at a bad driver who then chased them down, another where the car driver, (on drink and drugs,) thought the cyclist was laughing at them, so chased them down, and another that was racially motivated, cyclist was a well-to-do older white guy in an area the car driver thought he shouldn't be (there was also an OAP just walking home who got attacked with a baseball bat for just that as well).
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
              Watching that film Wilde the other day (quite a tearjerker at the end), I couldn't help wishing we still had judges like the one at his trial and prisons to match. Can't see it happening though while our hands are tied by all this human rights carp.
              Jeez - you got that edited out?
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Seemed a way over-sensitive edit, but ours not to reason why

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                  Its no surprise to me. Pretty much every event that has shocked the nation in the past few decades has come from that city:

A-level student Stephen Boachie, 17, stabbed to death on his way home in Barking on 1 January - Dean Rashid Lahlou, 18, stabbed to death in Tottenham, 9 January - student Jevon Henry, 18 stabbed in St John's Wood on 24 January - student James Andre Smartt-Ford, 16, shot outside Streatham ice rink on 3 February - schoolboy Michael Dosunmu, 15, shot dead in his bedroom in Peckham by two gunmen on 6 February - Billy Cox, 15, shot dead in bedroom in Clapham on 14 February - Kodjo Yenga, 16, stabbed in Hammersmith on 14 March - sportsman and pupil Adam Regis, 15, stabbed to death in Plaistow on 17 March - schoolboy Paul Erhahon, 14, stabbed in the chest in Leytonstone on 6 April - Dwaine Douglas, 18, stabbed to death during a street fight in Thornton Heath on 18 May - student Danielle Johnson, 17, stabbed and beaten in Bounds Green on 12 June - student Sian Simpson, 18, stabbed to death in a row between two groups of girls in Croydon on 19 June - schoolboy Ben Hitchcock, 16, stabbed to death following a party in Beckenham on 23 June - student Annaka Pinto, 16, shot dead trying to intervene in a row in Tottenham on 23 June - schoolboy Martin Dinnegan, 14, stabbed by a gang in Holloway on 26 June - Abu Shahin, 18, stabbed after being chased by a gang in Ilford on 26 June - Abukar Mahamud, 16, shot in the neck after being chased in Stockwell by youths on bikes on 26 July - youth worker and equestrian Nathan Foster, 18, shot dead intervening in a row in Brixton on 3 August - Mohammed Ahmed, 17, stabbed in Newham on 30 August - Student Edvin Johnson, 19, died after being stabbed in the leg in Camberwell on 16 September - A-level student Rizwan Darbar, 17, stabbed in chest during robbery in West Ham Park on 7 October - Student Philip Poru, 18, shot dead while sitting in a car in Woolwich on 14 October - Semi-pro footballer Etem Celebi, 17, shot dead in Hackney on 14 November - student Biendi "Bobby" Litambola, 17, beaten to death in Canning Town on 17 November - Schoolboy Jack Large, 14, stabbed to death in a fight in Chigwell on 30 November - David Nowak, 16, stabbed to death in a mass brawl at a birthday party on 15 December.
                  Shocking, isn't it.
                  Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
                    Shocking, isn't it.
                    Defensive Scouser Alert!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X