• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who was buying into the "cheap" bank stocks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was buying into the "cheap" bank stocks?

European bank shares have been hit. Societe Generale fell 8%, Commerzbank was down 7.5% and HBOS declined by 9%.

Oh Dear ™

Stick to BTL. Can't go wrong.

Did you read about that billionaire chappie who had accumulated 10% of Bear Sterns at 100 dollars a share?

Bet he looks a bit sick now.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
      Did you read about that billionaire chappie who had accumulated 10% of Bear Sterns at 100 dollars a share?

tim
      poor
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post

tim
        Must of missed the small print... shares can go down as well as up
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Not bull

It's a bear market.

Comment

Recently bought Lloyds TSB for my pension. I know the risks. Good yield, potential for plenty of gains once the panic subsides and they've recently been hiking their margins from their UK mortgage market.

Comment

BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!!

You heard it here first

Comment

Buy what?

Got to be a bit more specific with your advice Taz.

Comment

Originally posted by DrGUID View Post
                  Recently bought Lloyds TSB for my pension. I know the risks. Good yield, potential for plenty of gains once the panic subsides and they've recently been hiking their margins from their UK mortgage market.
                  Be interesting to see what the yield is in a few years when they are bankrupt.

Looking foreward to your retirement round an old oil drum then?

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                    Got to be a bit more specific with your advice Taz.
                    Perhaps a 2 bed flat in Sheffield? ^^

Comment

Working...
                    X