• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much skilling up before coining in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much skilling up before coining in?

If one is skilling up in a significant skill such as any one of SAP, Calypso, Oracle or an ESB platform, etc ... what's the shortest amount of time needed on the CV to take said skill on the road in London?

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    If one is skilling up in a significant skill such as any one of SAP, Calypso, Oracle or an ESB platform, etc ... what's the shortest amount of time needed on the CV to take said skill on the road in London?
    Depends on how rare skill is. In some fields 3 months is a significant experience (although nowadays more rare to happen so).
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Depends whether you lie/blag or not.

HTH

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

without _substantial_ time-served experience you will have no chance of getting into sap so you may as well drop that one off the list

it ain't happening

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          without _substantial_ time-served experience you will have no chance of getting into sap so you may as well drop that one off the list

it ain't happening

Milan.
          In London this is true. You should head for mainland Europe where they are desperate for anyone with even a basic knowledge of SAP for dummies.

The pay is great too. Much better than that .Net rubbish.

Comment

I've got only 3 months teach yourself SAP at home and I'm already on £900/day up North.

SAP, it's the future. All aboard the SAP gravy train. Toot toot!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

it ain't happening

Milan.
              Yeah, yeah, SAP was just a filler. I'm thinking more of Murex, Calypso and platforms like that. Obviously supply and demand rules but I was wondering more from the point of a hiring manager looking at a CV?

Comment

Yeah, yeah, SAP was just a filler. I'm thinking more of Murex, Calypso and platforms like that. Obviously supply and demand rules but I was wondering more from the point of a hiring manager looking at a CV?
                Not qualified for bar work, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Not qualified for bar work, eh?
                  No. Too fugly.

Comment

No. Too fugly.
                    Ah, IT, the last refuge of the ugly bastard...

Churchill - In "I work in manufacturing before you all start" mode!

Comment

Working...
                    X