• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it cos I is white?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it cos I is white?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

White men could be legally blocked from getting jobs under new anti-discrimination laws being considered by Labour.

Employers would be able to give jobs to women or ethnic minority candidates in preference to other applicants, under the plans unveiled by equalities minister Harriet Harman.

If two candidates were equally qualified for a position, employers would be able to reject the white person or the man in favour of a black person or a woman.

I bet Michael Jackson is sorry now.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Employers would be able to give jobs to women or ethnic minority candidates in preference to other applicants, under the plans unveiled by equalities minister Harriet Harman.
    Oh! The crushing bloody irony of that statement.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

The government will just be taken to the European Courts under the Human Rights act and the only winners will be the lawyers.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

maybe they should begin with the selection of MP's

Milan.

Comment

of course there is a minister for women but no minister for men.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            maybe they should begin with the selection of MP's

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Get with the program that post was just for Nu Labour to increase the number of female ministers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                It's only fair.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I saw a great phrase coined by a comment to last weekends' Jeremy Clarkson column in the Times.

This person coined the phrase "multi-culti" so be one of the first to use in your street!.
                  It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Employers would be able to give jobs to women or ethnic minority candidates in preference to other applicants
                    I'm told this already happens in London, e.g. look at the staff of many councils. I'm told some are virtually closed shops.

Comment

Working...
                    X